10 - A Beautiful Fantasy - ایک خوبصورت تصوراتی

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." -Plato

It was truly a beautiful sight. The wooden cabin was created with long wooden beams, sat horizontally on top of each other. The roof was long and high, the chimney puffing smoke out of its brick mouth. The roof had a thick layer of white, sparkling snow that shone with the rays of sunshine cascading onto it. It was melting fast, soaking the wood beneath it. The house itself was plain brown but seemed homely and comfortable. The inside was probably lavish and extremely domestic. 

"It's...beautiful." I exhaled deeply, a puff of white smoke exiting my mouth. Daniyal beamed at me, "You really think so?" 
I nodded slowly, hesitating to follow him to the door. "What if she doesn't want me?" I whispered. He walked back to where I was standing and dropped his hand onto my shoulder. "Aqsa. Do you trust me?" 
I nodded, "Of course I do." 
"Then believe me when I say, she'll love you." 
I beamed and nodded again, following him to the door, with still a part of anxiousness inside of me. The doubt never left my mind.  

He knocked the door, the shrill sound of knocking echoing around the little hut. After ten seconds, I heard a brass lock click open and the door fall in, till we had a clear view of her. Aunty Hazeema. 

She seemed incredibly young, not a wrinkle in sight. Her clear, light brown skin reflected the light of the sun, a shiny reflection. She had brown eyes, turned amber with the light of the sun. They were kind eyes, they seemed friendly and affable. Her brown eyes were like the color of mahogany wood- comforting and a home-steady toughness that let me know she would be the beams supporting me. Her smile almost doubled her beauty, beaming from ear to ear as she saw her beloved nephew. She had sky blue earrings, little sapphires, dangling from her ears. They were perfectly matched by her dark blue salwar kameez and cerulean dupatta, hanging down from her head and half-covering her long thick hair. Auburn highlights and plaited, running down her chest. It was dark brown like the stable ground, steady and prepared to embrace me when I fell, into a nurturing and warm blanket of love. I didn't want to get ahead of myself, but her overall appearance was enough to reassure me. 

She seemed so perfect that I longed to stay with her. I was begging to myself that she'd take me in. She looked happily from Daniyal to me, her eyebrows narrowing with confusion as she saw me. "Hello baita! It's so good to see you! I missed you, you know." She embraced Daniyal in a warm, comforting hug so cordial that I longed for a hug too. Instead I just smiled awkwardly and looked on. "Thank you, Khala. It's good to see you too. But this time I have brought a friend."
"Ah, yes! Who is this lovely young lady that you have brought with you? Don't tell me your parents have already got you engaged?" 

Both Daniyal and I laughed nervously, "No! Not at all. This is Aqsa. We've come to ask you a favour."
"Well, hello Aqsa, darling. How far have you come from?" 
"From Kashmir." 
"And do your parents know that you're here?" 
I looked straight to Daniyal who gave me a nervous look back. "That's what we've come to talk about, actually..." He explained. 

Hazeema looked at me, confusedly. "Well... you must be hungry. Travelling all the way from Kashmir. I have dahl cooking on the stove. Please, come in." 
I followed Daniyal inside the house and we ambled, tiredly towards the kitchen. I had been correct with my previous assessment. The home was extremely domestic. There were photo-frames everywhere. Some of Daniyal's parents, but most of them were of Daniyal himself. Some were of people I'd never seen before; And some were of flowers, nature and fascinating creatures. Everything was mahogany and velvet. It all seemed so inviting that I didn't want to leave. Even if she chose not to keep me. 

I pulled out an olive green stool next to Daniyal from under the wooden table and we both sat down. Hazeema walked over to a cupboard, sat high across the kitchen and pulled out two plates. She walked over to the stove, the sound of her brown sandals tapping against the floor as she held the ceramic plates in her hand. She picked up a wooden spoon and placed food onto the two plates. The strong smell was alluring and incredibly enticing. I breathed in heavily, letting the smell of fresh dahl fill my nostrils.