|| prolouge

— THE PANACEA .
prolouge

__________

__________

[ THIRD PERSON ]

She was seated in front of the mirror of her dim lighten room, wearing a red dress and a blue topaz stoned necklace that her deceased mother left her for her seventh birthday. Devastated, the young girl clasped it around her hand tightly while she took a deep breath out. Today, the young maiden was meeting four orphans.

Like herself, they have survived the world war II, but they were lucky enough to have each other. Unlike Aurora, she had no one. Pity, such a pity I know. The spite, hatred, anger was still ranging and bubbling inside her, to why, why she never went with her family that time. Why was she too clueless, why didn't she said no when they said they wanted her to survive. They knew, they knew that she needed them most.

"Aurora my dear" snapping off the thoughts of the girl's late family, the girl looked at the mirror to see their headmistress. She was the head of the orphanage, she was kind and patient towards girl, and Aurora appreciated that about her. Joanna walked behind the young girl to fix her blonde hair slightly, it relaxed her a bit. Making her remember the times when her mother used to do that before she went to school or play in the garden with her twin sister. It was a beautiful memory, to have a twin sister.

Sending her a small smile, she placed her hands on my shoulders before she breathed out. "The Pevensie's are downstairs, they have met the others. Come on" she said and patted her shoulder before walking out of her room slowly. She closed her eyes and sighed, calming herself a little before she opened her eyes. Aurora stood up from her seat and proceeded to walk out of her room and walked her way through downstairs.

Everybody seemed like they had a good time, judging the laughs and talking that she heard. She sent a smile to everyone that she passed by that gladly returned one to her before she finally was downstairs. It was pretty crowded, there were a lot of them, she scanned the place with her green eyes before she went to the kitchen to grab herself some water. Joanna was talking to some girl and told her to communicate with another person until she spotted the youngest Pevensie child walking pass her.

She had quite a long hair, "Hello there Miss Pevensie, I am Joanna Adams. Headmistress of this Orphanage" she introduced herself. The girl looked at her with a big smile, "Nice to meet you Joanna. Please, please call me Lucy" she said sweetly, her smile never faltering. The lady smiled softly at the younger one before someone held Lucy's shoulder.

Joanna looked up to see a tall blonde boy, he smiled at the headmistress and looked down at Lucy who kept the smile on her face. Soon after, two of the other Pevensie's followed and stood in front of her. One was a taller female, she had a small smile plastered on her chapped lips. The blonde one was sending her an uncomfortable smile but she wouldn't notice it anyways. And the dark haired boy, he wore a very unexplained expression, his brows furrowed and his eyes squinted a little as he observed the place.

The four Pevensie's stood there in front of Joanna, she coughed a little with a small smile. "Hello, oh I'm so pleased to meet you" she said and they nodded with a smile. Joanna turned to look for the blonde, when she noticed that the girl was out of sight she excused herself to look for her. Aurora was in the kitchen, breathing normally as she drank some water to cool off her nerves, the fifteen year old placed the glass down on the counter. She heard the loud clacking of thick heels walking towards her, she raised her brows before turning around looking at Joanna who was standing there. "Aurora, you have to meet the Pevensie's" she reminded and the girl hummed and followed the headmistress.

Lucy smiled at everyone passing by them, "There are like us Peter, orphans" she whispered and glanced up at him. Her older brother was silent, his head not in the area, the others looked at him before Susan nudged him a little. He shook his head and glanced at Lucy who looked at him worriedly, "Are you alright Peter?" Susan asked he huffed out some air and nodded with a small smile. He was about to speak but the younger boy beat him to it, "Do you think we'll get back to Narnia" he asked and his siblings became quiet.

He looked at them and furrowed his brows, "It is possible is it?" He asked once again and then they pursed their lips except for Lucy and she reached out to hold her brother's hand and sent him a small smile. "We will Ed, we will" she squeezed his hand and he nodded and pursed his lips. They stood their until they saw Joanna walked towards them with the same smile plastered on her lips.

"I'm sorry to interrupt family talk, but I would gladly want you to meet someone" Joanna said and glanced at the blonde who walked towards them. She looked at the four kids and forced herself to smile, Joanna reached her hand to grab the girl's hand and let her stand beside her. They were silent for a moment before Lucy spoke. "Hello! You look absolutely stunning!" She complimented in a very cheerful voice. Their siblings glanced at her and then the blonde girl who sent the younger one a sincere smile, "Thank you, you look very beautiful as well" she complimented and looked at Joanna.

Peter cleared his throat and smiled at her, he reached out his hand, "My name is Peter Pevensie" he said and she looked at his hand before shaking it with her smaller and softer ones before smiling back. "And I am Aurora Clare, a pleasure to meet you" she said. You can hear the very noticable Irish accent, as she broke apart he glanced back at his siblings who walked towards her and shook her hand.

The older girl took her hand and smiled, she had this wide smile that made the blonde replicate it. "I'm Susan" she said and the girl nodded, the younger girl was next, "Lucy" she said and Aurora smiled a little before pulling away. The others including Joanna looked at the dark haired boy who was silently observing the place, Peter nudged him and he looked at the blonde. He sent her a small nod, "Edmund" he said and she nodded as well.

Lucy closed her eyes in embarrassment, "Aurora, in case you didn't hear me the first time I said that" she said and looked away from him. He didn't. He kept looking at her, he pursed his lips and looked away from her after a few seconds. "I actually did" he said before Joanna clasped her hands and smiled widely. She patted Aurora's back before glancing at the four siblings, "I'll leave the five of you to talk, enjoy" she said before walking away.

Lucy grabbed Aurora's hand slightly and pulled her to the couch, Susan walked beside them and looked at the boys to follow them. "So Aurora, how old are you?" She asked and looked at her with the largest smile she ever seen, they looked at Aurora and she pursed her lips. "Fifteen, I just turned fifteen a few months ago" she said and they nodded. Lucy pointed at Edmund and they looked at him, "He's fifteen too!" She said and Aurora nodded and glanced at the boy who was sitting there playing with his fingers before he noticed that everyone's attention was on him.

"Yeah. I think we're on the same boat goldilocks" he said and smirked a little at the girl who raised a brow at him and shook her head releasing a small chuckle and an eye roll. The other Pevensie's looked at each other a small smile and smirks on their faces. Susan leaned into Lucy's ear, "I think they will be pretty good friends" she whispered and chuckled.

"I think you're right sister" Lucy whispered back before smiling widely.

'____!'

hello loves! this will be the prolouge of this story and i think you guys will have a small hint on everything. so i hope you will keep reading and enjoyed this! see yah in the next chapter :))

- jackfthazza -