Part 35- Surprise!

Joe's POV

I could see how much hospitals made Rachel uncomfortable. The constant reminder of her losing her family and watching her Mum pass must have been killing her. After about 20 minutes of crying and squirming, Rachel relaxed and fell asleep; must have been the morpheme. Zoe's phone bleeped and she checked it.

"Joe" Zoe said. "Tanya, Jim, Caspar and Conor are coming to the hospital later. Tanya asked do you want her to get some stuff for Rachel from the house?"

"Yeah, if it's not any trouble could you ask her if she could get Rachel a few sets of comfy clothes and her laptop with her charger please?" I asked.

"Yeah sure, she'll know what sort of clothes to pick" Zoe replied.

"Tell her I said thanks" I said.

"Ok" she responded as she texted Tanya.

**********

After about four hours, Rachel woke up. She showed me her sleepy smile which I loved. I couldn't wait for her to be discharged. I knew it would be a while, but still, I coulnd't wait. Rachel kept licking her lips.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked her. 

She nodded and I gave her a drink.

"T-thank you" she said, looking like she was in a bit of pain.

"You'll be getting some more pain relief any minute now" I said, looking at the clock.

She nodded and I put my arm around her, letting her get comfy again. About five minutes later, the nurse came in and gave Rachel more pain relief, and then left. Suddenly, Jim, Tanya, Caspar and Conor came bursting through the door, laughing their heads off. Well, I wasn't surprised!

Rachel's POV

As I'd just got comfy again, Tanya, Jim, Caspar and Conor burst through the door, laughing their heads off.

"Surprise!" Caspar laughed. 

I had to admit, I was happy to see them!

"We've came with clothes and your laptop!" Tanya said.

"And presents!" Conor cheered, pulling a stupid but funny face which made me laugh.

I sat up the best I could, with Joe's help, but It wasn't much. Tanya and Jim bought me a teddy with writing on it saying 'get well soon' and some art stuff for when I got bored. Caspar got me a pizza cushion and pizza sweets (so not surprised!) and Conor got me some chocolates.

"Thanks, you guys didn't have to" I said, smiling.

"Well, you're my best friends daughter. That makes you my niece and me uncle Caspar!" Caspar squealed like a girl, excitedly.

"Caspar, it doesn't work like that" Joe laughed.

"Yes it does!" Caspar shouted, pretending to be upset.

I guess maybe staying at the hospital wouldn't be so bad as long as I had these guys around!

End of Part 35

Authors note:

Hi guys, hope you liked the part! Well, until next time!

Rachel x