Chapter 1: Witch

"So there's a witch coming over? I did not agree to this! You never told me this!" Jared was freaking out, but he was wrong I did tell him, kind of, he was currently jumping to conclusions, and I'm sure in his head, a witch was someone that could shoot lightening from their hands and strike down people within seconds. Then again, given everything I've been through in the past year, I guess in his world I can't blame him for being so quick to jump to that kind of conclusion. For all I know there were people that could do that somewhere in this world, but my friend, I seriously doubted that they were one of them, because knowing them... There would be a higher death count in the universe right now.

"He's wiccan, and so am I. I didn't come around cursing people and trying to plague the family. Besides I did tell you, I said my friend Lin was coming over from France to visit for a while. It's not like he's even going to stay here in the house, he's renting a place for a couple of months." I finished picking out what I was wearing for today and started to get dressed while I talked to him, he usually is the big tough guy, the alpha- well alpha's son. He only really bows down when it comes to his father, but the guy was scary even if he did like you, so I don't blame him.

"Tristan, witches are dangerous, I don't want them here." Jared was huffing and puffing, he was super protective, I used to talk to Lin all the time, but they went to France, it was originally just supposed to be for a few months... But that was a little over a year ago, right before I met Jared. We kept in touch, or more so tried, but he just kept getting more and more distant, he replied less, and when we video chatted, he always seemed to have something going on. I can't forget how he looked the last time I saw him, he was pale... like I'm pale and he was pale, but I'm talking grey pale, like someone that's dying. He had dark bags under his eyes, and for a guy that loves sleep that definitely wasn't good, his hair was a mess and he seemed unhealthy levels of thin- and I would know. I tried to ask him what was going on, but he just kept avoiding the conversation and eventually I heard stuff starting to break and shatter before he rushed off.

"He's not a real witch, I doubt he's like what you're thinking about, wiccans have spells and stuff, but it's a religion, it's to give them hope and comfort to drive them towards making what they think is impossible happen. He's not going to shoot lightening to bring the black plague back to get rid of all of you. Besides he wants to meet you, I've talked to him about you and he wants to see what he thinks of you. I think I might finally have found someone that's up to his standards too." I chuckled to myself, Lin's standards were ridiculously high, that's why he had been single so long, but I liked his philosophy, that he just wanted to make sure he was happy the first time around rather than trying and failing over and over again... like some people. Goddess before now my love life was horrible, but Jared was good to me and over protective, I liked that though, it showed how much he cared about me.

"Whatever, I'll be keeping an eye on him, and anything looks or smells off, he's on the first trip back to France." He got up with a huff, pouting like some six week old puppy, honestly there were plenty of people in this mansion sized house that did that, it was funny to see the huge men around the place doing it though. So intimidating but so innocent at the same time. He wrapped his arms around me from behind as I messed with my hair and I smiled, "And I don't care if I'm up to his standards, I just care about what you think of me." He kissed my shoulder and I couldn't help but smile wider, he was kind of a dork, but I was in love with him, I changed my life quite a bit for him, but in a good way. I was more confident than I used to be, and a lot stronger, even if I wasn't as tough as him- once a tiny bean always a tiny bean- and I felt a lot more positive about life than I used to.