Chapter 3: Life isn't fair

Chelsie VanRaugh... Why her? Why does Lucy have to do it? Chelsie is a foreign exchange student from Germany. She arrived at this school during summer break and had hung out with Lucy throughout it. They had become best friends and now Lucy would have to kill her. Lucy was calm compared to earlier.

   "What did you do to her Mike? She is wordless! You also made her pick up a weapon with her best friends name on it?!" I grabbed Mike by the shoulders.

   "No... I picked it up I knew if I didn't I would die... Mike told me if I didn't kill someone I will die... So I picked up the nearest weapon and... Yeah, I guess I got unlucky..." She sighed as a single tear fell down her face.

   As I let go of Mike I looked at him. His mouth was in a huge smile and his eyes were filled with pure joy.

   "Yeah, Vince! She decided to pick it up I didn't force her too!" He mocked Lucy. I really wanted to punch him but I did my best to hold myself back.

   "You have changed Mike... Whatever this game did to you, you are not the same." I scoffed as I turned away.

   After that I ignored Mike. For whatever reason, he wasn't acting the same. It was either from this deadly game or something just went wrong inside of him. But he was smiling. Every time I turned around he was smiling at me. Lucy, on the other hand, was breathing normally for the first time since this began. What did Mike say to her? I am going to have to ask her when Mike is not around. As I went deeper into the thought that is when I heard it. A beeping sound. It was coming from around the corner it was very faint and would happen every second. As I rounded the corner I saw a red glow and from where the glow came from had 3 different numbers on it.

6:00 PM

   Already two hours?! It has only felt like 30 minutes.

   "Only twenty-two hours left... So Eve let's go find your target!" Mike chuckled. As he grabbed Lucy's hand and dragged her off. She gasped as she was drug off around a corner. I quickly turned to follow them but by the time I turned the corner they were gone.

   "Mike?! Lucy!? Where did you go?!" I yelled looking down the empty hallway. But there was no response. "What the hell..." I muttered to myself. Then it sank in. I was all alone. Anyone can be around any corner and I wouldn't have back up. As I looked down the hallways all I could see was darkness and at this moment I realized I was. All alone.