Chapter 26

"Let's go!" Frisk yells as she grabs Josh's hand and starts to run.
      Josh follows her while the animatronics chase them down.
     "We need to find a place to hide," Frisk tells Josh.
     They run into the kitchen and Frisk slams the door shut. She presses her body against the door to keep the animatronics from getting in. The animatronics are kicking and beating the door. Frisk nearly looses balance and Josh heads over to the secret passage.
He opens the passage and glances over to Frisk.
"This way!" Josh yells out to Frisk.
Frisk jams a door under the chair and follows Josh inside the passage. Josh closes the passage just when the animatronics enter the kitchen.
"Shh," Josh whispers to Frisk. She gives a confused look.
"We should have just fought them," Frisk whispers to Josh.
Josh gives Frisk an annoyed look and watches the animatronics try to find them. Lucky for them, they didn't know about the secret passage, and they left the kitchen.
"Were those a bunch of teens playing a prank or something?" Frisk asks Josh. "Cause I'll kick their ass if it is,"
"No, those are real robots," Josh answers. "We need to find Katie and Logan,"
      "If they're anywhere, they are probably in those robots stomachs or something," Frisk jokes as she looks around the room.
       "They aren't dead Frisk," Josh tells Frisk. "And those robots are much more scary than you think,"
       "Says the scaredy cat," Frisk rudely says to Josh as she judges him. "You're even scared of your own shadow these days,"
"It's this way out," Josh says to Frisk as he points to the elevator.
Lucky for them, Ye elevator is fixed and back in action. Frisk doesn't seem to care, but Josh seems very concerned.
"That's odd, how did the elevator get repaired so fast?" Josh asks himself.
"Coming Ketchup boy?" Frisk asks as she gets in the elevator.
"This elevator was broken 2 days ago," Josh tells Frisk. "But now it's back and working,"
Josh cups his chin with his hand and wonders how the elevator was repaired.
"Mechanics Josh," Frisk answers as she rolls her eyes. "It's every day life situations these days. Did you know that even plumbers can stop a huge flood in 30 minutes?"
"I'm serious Frisk," Josh sighs. "Something's up,"
"All that's going to go up is us," Frisk says as she grabs Josh and pulls him inside the elevator.
        "And how come the pizzeria's main room is torn apart?" Josh asks.
"How come..." Frisk asks herself as she goes into a deep thought.
"Do not ask the animatronics!!!" Josh yells at Frisk.
The elevator stops and Josh can see the torn apart party room. The animatronics glare at them.
"Let's go," Frisk tells Josh.
"Are you crazy? No!!!" Josh yells at Frisk.
"Since you said I'm not crazy, that means I can ask them," Frisk says in a jerk like way.
Suddenly, the elevator beeps and a little yellow machine with eyeballs comes to them. It has a screen on it and is in the shape of the rectangle.
"Welcome to your new job, I'm sure going up was just a minor set-back. So we'll be bringing you down to the main room where your employment lies," The bot says. "Please enter your name on the keypad,"
"The machine has never done this before," Josh tells Frisk.
"Mechanics," Frisk tells Josh.
"I can not go on until you enter your name on the keypad," the bot tells them.
"So we can't get out until we type in a name," Josh tells Frisk.
"Let's type in something stupid!" Frisk laughs out as she heads over to the keyboard and starts to type something in.
      "You have selected Eggs Benedict," the keypad says as the elevator starts to move.
       Frisk can't help but laugh and roll on the floor while Josh gives her an annoyed look.
       "If any deaths or injuries happen tonight, we will not be to blame,"
      Josh and Frisk give a surprised look at the keypad and give odd glances to each other.
      "Welp," Josh says to Frisk. "This job is going to be fun for whoever signed up for it,"
       "And the Eggs Benedict part too!" Frisk laughs out as she presses against her stomach.
"Eggs Benedict..." Josh confusingly says to Frisk. "Why that name?"
"Who wants to be called Eggs Benedict?" Frisk asks Josh. "All I know is that machine is annoying and it will annoy people to death!"
The elevator suddenly pauses, although they weren't where they are suppose to be.
"Why did it stop?" Frisk asks Josh.
"Last time it did that, the animatronics attacked, but they aren't here this time," Josh answers.
"It appears there is a malfunction in the machine you are currently using," the keypad says. "It is policy to remove all items that may be present in this machine. Please prepare yourself as the elevator opens it's doors,"
"How are we suppose to get off then?" Frisk asks Josh. "There is literally a wall right in front of us!"
       Just then, the floor under them starts to slowly open up. A long dark gap is seen from the elevator, and it makes Josh terrified and believe they are going to die.
       "What is even wrong with this machine?" Josh terrifyingly asks Frisk.
       "Stupid machine!" Frisk yells as she pushes the keypad. "What is even wrong with this elevator?"
        "It appears you are probably panicking and trying to get me to reverse the process," the keypad says. "The process can not be reversed, and the doors will open even faster now. Have a nice day."
          The elevator trap door starts to open faster. Frisk and Josh are clinging to the elevator wall, hoping that they won't fall.
          "Who designed this shitty place, cause when I turn into a ghost, I'll get them good!" Frisk angrily yells out.
        Josh looks down, and he sees something glowing on the bottom. It's a faint glow, but it wasn't there before.
        "Someone's down there," Josh tells Frisk.
      "You've got to be kidding me," Frisk angrily yells out. "Unless they're Superman, they can't help us!"
      "I think the elevator is going down too, look!" Josh yells.
     The elevator trap door is still moving down, but a lot slower. Frisk looks down to see that the light is getting bigger.
     "When will we have to jump down?" Frisk asks Josh.
     "The elevator is moving at a slower pace," Josh informs Frisk. "We probably have another 30 seconds or a minute,"
     The light seems to be brighter and the elevator continues down until it suddenly halts. The trap door slowly closes, which makes Frisk and Josh both give confused glances at each other.
       "What was that about?" Frisk asks as she starts to calm down.
      "Mechanics, I guess," Josh answers.
     "It seems that the items are still on this machine," the keypad says. "We will have to go into an emergency pro-call to continue on,"
       "Oh no," Josh and Frisk both day to each other.
       Noises are being made from the elevator. It sounds as if latches are coming off.
      "The elevator floor..." Frisk says.
     "Ahh!!!!!" Josh screams out.
    The elevator latches fully unclick and the flooring of the elevator falls, along with Josh and Frisk.