[1]

I moved my finger towards the small circular button located on the side of the camera, pressing down on it with a satisfying click. I smiled weakly, seeing the red 'recording' sign flash. I relaxed and took a deep breath, looking at the camera.

"So I'm dying. Faster than everybody else." I began, my breath hitching in my throat as I spoke.

"I haven't told you guys, but I guess this is how you'll find out. I really shouldn't care, I'll be gone by then." I chuckled dryly, combing my tanned fingers through my hair.

"I don't want my last days with them to be all... sad. I want it to be normal. I want to die doing what I love most, saving the universe. Maybe talkin' to some ladies." I smiled at the thought, before focusing my gaze back onto the camera.

"I guess I want to make these so they don't feel bad. I've accepted it, and you will too, just give it some time." I smiled as warmly as I could.

"I would've come to you guys for help if I knew I could be helped. I may seem a bit dumb, but I can understand that healing pods can't fix everything. Especially if it's Galra." I couldn't help but tear up a little at the mention of my team this time. "I spent some time around them, y'know, on those spy missions with Keith. I don't think it's as fatal to them as it is to humans. I didn't think it would get this bad, but here I am." I laughed, smiling at the camera once more.

"Don't feel bad about not noticing, I didn't even notice it for the first few... what, weeks?" I rolled my eyes at myself.

I opened my mouth to talk once more, but I stopped, hearing the sounds of boots in the corridor outside my room.

"That's one of you guys, probably Hunk." I leaned forward to turn off the camera, but not before Hunk's voice was heard outside the door, calling me out for dinner.

"See? I was right." I smirked, before turning off the camera and tucking it under my soft pillow.

"Coming! I just need to find my shoes!" I called out, but in reality, I just said that so I could take my pills before I left.

----------

I arrived in the dining room beside Hunk, making my way over to my seat immediately, but making sure to flick the back of Keith's head as I sat beside him.

"What's up, Mullet?" I hummed, picking up my spoon to begin eating my green goo, which tasted much worse after my bitter medicine.

"We're meant to do some training after this," Keith muttered, before continuing to eat, totally unfazed by his nickname. I guess I wore it out. I should give him a new one before I die, I'll add that to the bucket list.

"Oh, what kind?" I asked, looking around at my fellow paladins around the table. This reminds me of a history lesson that I didn't care about on earth; The Knights Of The Round Table.

Even though we're sitting at a square table.

Nevermind.

"Well, I was thinking of doing a little bit of sparring against each other, learning a little hand to hand combat wouldn't hurt." Allura smiled from the head of the table, earning a nod from the rest of the paladins, who were too busy eating to speak. Except me. Let's hit 'er with the ol' razzle-dazzle.

"Is that your excuse for a chance to check me out, princes-" I began, only to be cut off by Shiro.

"Lance, just eat your dinner." He sighed, shaking his head. He looked so... tired. I should ask him about it after training.

I smirked and went back to eating, listening to Hunk and Pidge's conversation, occasionally interrupting for a pun or two.

----------

"Alright, I'll be pairing you up for sparring today!" Allura grinned excitedly, standing in the training control room, a microphone positioned in front of her.

"Hunk and Keith," She called out. The first pair.

"Lance and Shiro," I'm going to get my ass beaten to the damn floor.

"And Pidge, we can spar together." Allura finished, before waving us off into our duos.

I walked over to Shiro and smiled at him as I put on my helmet.

"Are you ready, old man?" I teased, getting into a fighting stance.

"I'm only 24, Lance." He replied bluntly. Only 24. Only. I won't even reach my 17th birthday. I frowned a little.

Shiro's face softened a little. "You okay, Lance?" He asked, instantly snapping me out of my thoughts.

I pulled my lips back up into a smile. "Yeah, aren't we meant to be fighting?" I chuckled, raising my fists. Shiro didn't look too convinced but pushed past it anyways. Thank God. I didn't want to explain that.

I didn't have much time to dwell on it before his fist came rushing towards me, the purple glow casting my blue armour into a violet hue.

I yelped and fell back to avoid it. "That's cheating!" I complained, glaring up at him. "I don't have a weapon."

"Fine..." Shiro rolled his eyes, but I could swear I saw him smile.

I began to get up, wincing a little as I felt a shock of pain at the back of my head from the sudden movement.

Shiro glanced back at me again, the smile was gone. "I won't use my galra hand this time."

I finally pushed myself back up again and nodded.

"Thanks, Dad." I hummed, before getting into my stance once more.

Total silence.

Everybody was just staring at me.

"What?" I asked, looking around at them.

"You just called Shiro 'Dad'." Hunk said quietly. That was my moment of realization.

"I did?" I turned to Shiro, who was frozen in place, also staring at me.

"Yeah, I thought your family was already big enough?" Keith smirked, folding his arms.

I could actually feel the pain in my heart as he said that. My family would never see me again. It hit me like a truck.

"Shut up, Dropout." I snapped, my words sharper than I had intended. I could feel the tears threatening to leave my eyes as my hands trembled at my sides.

Keith's smug look immediately dropped as I turned on my heel to leave the room. The last thing I heard from them before the door shut behind me we Hunk quietly telling the team to leave me be for a while, to let me calm down a little.

----------

I locked my bedroom door behind me, leaning against it as I let out a quiet sob. My gaze moved over to my pillow.

Should I make another?

A/N

I know you guys hate these author notes

Anyways thanks for reading this chapter

- Hella Vague Author