[6]

Lance's POV:

Shiro smiled at my words, before turning his head towards the castle ship. "We should probably hurry up, you don't want that to get infected with... whatever is on this planet." He hummed peacefully, speeding up his pace a little. I nodded and followed suit.

"Honestly, you should've put on your knee pads." Shiro chuckled quietly, watching as my face turned a bright red from embarrassment. 

"Hey, you know they're a pain in the ass to put on!" I huffed, elbowing him in the side playfully. My voice was still a bit scratchy from the coughing fit.

"Excuses, excuses." He laughed as we approached the castle. I stuck out my tongue at him as we arrived at the door. "Let's just get this over with, dork." I rolled my eyes as the door opened, the familiar smell of dust and juniberries(Allura had told me that) hitting me.

"Do Alteans even keep bandages? The pods already do everything, right?" Shiro observed as we entered the medical bay. "I'm sure they have something here somewhere," I said hopefully, walking over to a cabinet in the corner, as Shiro walked over to another.

The first thing I noticed was white bottles of all shapes and sizes stacked at the bottom of the cabinet. I carefully picked one up, looking at the altean small print on the side. I glanced over at Shiro, making sure he was busy before I whispered "Activate translator" into my helmet. The Altean writing suddenly was given a translation in the corner of his visor.

     Painkillers

   Adult - One Every 6 Hours

   Child - One Every 12 Hours

   Do not take more than the recommended amount 

   Do not take during pregnancy

I silently opened the bottle, sliding as many of the small pills I could into the fabric of my gloves for it to not be noticeable, before putting them back and looking for bandages once again. Before long, Shiro spoke. "I found them." He hummed, standing up from the cabinet, looking over at me. I pushed myself up from my crouching position and smiled. "Great, could you help me with-" I was cut off by the sudden tilt of the castle, along with an explosion that seemed to come from the other side of the structure.

"What's going on?!" Shiro was panicking, I could tell. 

"My guess is as good as yours!" I had to raise my voice to be heard above the multiple explosions that rattled the ship. I stumbled over to him, grabbing his human hand to get him moving. "We need to get out there, Shiro." I urged, pulling him through the halls until the sound of metal buckling stopped me.

"Someone broke in," Shiro whispered, his smokey grey eyes wide. "What do we do?" I asked quietly, looking around in fear, keeping my back against Shiro's chest.

"Hide. You don't have your Bayard." He decided, pushing me towards the door to one of the rooms. I hesitated and looked back at him, scared to make a sound. "I'll get rid of 'em." He smiled grimly, which was good enough for me.

I pushed myself through the doors, finding it to be a guest room. I looked around and quickly hid in the closet. I should've been a comedian, not an astronaut, dammit (Haha it would be funny if I was out of the closet too anxiety child).

----------

I hugged my knees to my chest, worried about what happened to Shiro. I don't know how long it's been. Maybe half an hour? I don't know. 

My thoughts were cut short as the door of the room I was in was kicked open. 

"Is he in here, Champion?" I heard a deep voice ask, only to be followed by a pained grunt from... Shiro?! I covered my mouth to muffle my involuntary squeak of horror.