[7]

(I listened to The Cell Block Tango while I wrote this I'm such musical trash but I'm on brand)

Shiro's POV:

I was barely keeping it together.

Scratch that.

I wasn't.

The familiar dark material of the prison outfit felt like it was suffocating me.

The damp air of the cell was closing in on me.

And the screams.

Oh, the screams.

I couldn't imagine what they were doing to him to make him beg and screech like that.

I'm so sorry, Lance.

----------

The screams had stopped.

I rushed to my feet, almost toppling over at the sudden change of position from my curled up form. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM?!" I yelled, shaking the bars desperately, only for a fellow prisoner to look at me sadly, it's sickly pink skin making it look like part of the wall. "Whoever you're looking for, they're probably already gone."

"N-not Lance... He... He can't die..." I whispered, my knees giving out beneath me. My eyes were dripping endlessly with tears.

The pink alien moved closer to the bars of it's cell. "At least he didn't lose his life in the arena." It tried to comfort. My lungs seized up.

"Now introducing... CHAMPION!"

"Stop..." I murmured, gripping the sides of my head.

"You know the saying, VICTORY OR DEATH!"

I shut my eyes.

"Hey..! Hey, keep your eyes on me!" The alien was panicking, maybe it was worried?

"That's another win for our Champion!"

"Shut up, you two." A large Galra soldier spoke from the end of the hallway, where he had just entered.

The pink alien backed away from the cell bars the closer the soldier came, but I crept nearer. The galra shot me a glare as he dragged what looked like a sentry along the hall, the grey legs and feet visible from my position.

"What the hell..?" I whispered, glancing over at my fellow inmate for confirmation that this was an irregular occurrence.

I could hear the clang of the sentry being thrown in a cell. My eyes widened. Surely, if it was defective, they would just shut it down..?

----------

A/N:

This is just a mini-chapter, to assure you guys I'm alive, and to move the plot forward.

Do you think Lance is dead?

Is he alive?

What's up with the sentry?

Was it even a sentry?

CONSPIRACY THEORIES??