Motion 22: Worlds Collide

Gray stretched his back until the spine popped, making him groan in satisfaction. Humming mindlessly, he scratched his stomach before making his way to the bathroom. His eyes trailed to the sleeping and cuddling duo. Gray knew Sting was clingy, but he never would have thought of him as the cuddling type... and frankly, so was Rogue. He shook his head with a fond smile before he entered the bathroom and took a shower.

Nothing was particularly special today. Just another weekend to spend his time with in an unusual and satisfactory manner. It's been quiet for a long time now. The eerie silence coating his surroundings from his very room to the wide space of the school. Gray spent his time just staring at the clear, crystal water of the stream in the dormitory garden. His dark long-sleeves clinging his his toned body, muscles flexing as he crossed his arms. He yawns widely and audibly, a pearl of tear glistening at the corner of his eyes before he wiped it off and instead stared at the wide grass field across the stream.

"Ya've been in other worlds lately, somethin' ya wanna talk 'bout?" The light-hearted tone should've made him scowl and annoyed, but it just made him sigh rather offhandedly as he swiveled around.

He stared blankly as he spoke. "It's too early for this, Ignite. What'ja want..."

The fiery albino just smiled and giggled at him. Now, that's what annoyed him. Ignite didn't bother to ask and just stood beside him; not bothering about the ice mage's personal space. Gray was half-tempted to step away but he didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing him so affected by her childish acts.

"C'mon now, no need to be shy..." she nudged. Gray clicked his tongue in warning, adding off the glare for the matter. "Peachy mornin', I conclude."

"Not quite," he mutters.

"Ah, so he speaks," hummed by her.

Gray sighed, eyes flying to the sky as if asking the mighty whatever deity up there why he should deal and start his morning like this. Long ago, Gray would've just walked away and tell her to back off but even he couldn't muster up that much spite so early... or maybe he didn't have the heart to do so.

Yeah, he doubts that.

Continue on, he just feels like shit at the moment.

"Yah, no kiddin' me, Princess," Ignite muses, a smirk slipping at her natural pink lips.

Gray payed her words little mind but he does glance at her. "Yeah, thank yourself for helping me accomplish that."

"Oh please, I dun' humble myself like'at," she snorts, her eyes rolling in feign annoyance.

Silence

"So..." she begins. "What's eatin' ya?"

"Right now?" Gray furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms. "My patience..."

"Hey, I didn't ask what's tickin' you off," she pouts, rather too inappropriate at this point.

"Shut up."

"Aw, can't cha give the cute, lil' lady a piece of yer time? Hmm?" She insisted, pursing her lips into an over exaggerated pout and her blood-red eyes glancing up at him.

"You're no cute," Gray huffs, bemused. "...not even little, let alone a lady."

"You w'und me."

"Shut up."

"But I mean," she says after a moment of silence. "What's on your mind?"

"None of your business."

"Hey, I know you can't talk about this to Sting or Rogue, but I think you've got a shot at me," she says, encouragement sipping at the tip of her tongue and concern embed in her eyes.