0.1 the draft

❝Presenting your fourth overall selection of the 2018

NHL entry draft. The Buffalo Sabres are proud to welcome,

from the Windsor Spitfires , Emilia Thompson.

          She rose from her seat getting ready to hug her father and brother. She was expecting boo's from the crowd but none had came. They were ecstatic and gave a standing ovation. The hate she had received for practically making history would soon come to an end, for she would defy the odds.

          As she wove threw rows of people just to get to the stage, she could see the smile etched on almost everyone's face in the building. She mirrored their looks with a grin from ear to ear. The moment she pulled the jersey over her dress and put the sabres hat on, she knew that this was just the beginning.

          After hours of many congratulations and hugs later, it finally hit her. She was determined to make it further than any woman to ever enter the National Hockey League. She was determined to make this league hers.

[ twitter ]

@ethompson3
momma i made it!!
📍 Dallas, Texas

       ↳ @AM34           history in the making!       ↳@user1          she wont even last the preseason        ↳ @user4         fourth overall isn't even that good         ↳ @jackeichel15         cant wait to play with you!!       ↳ @dylanlarkin39...

@AM34
history in the making!
↳@user1
she wont even last the preseason
@user4
fourth overall isn't even that good
@jackeichel15
cant wait to play with you!!
@dylanlarkin39
👀👀
@cmcdavid97
there goes my chance for a
third art ross trophy in a row😪
@ethompson3
hahaha not a chance i'll   even get close to winning

[ interview ]

interviewer
Now be honest with us, Emilia. Did you really think you were going to be picked fourth overall?

Emilia
Well if I have to be honest, I was surprised I even got chosen for the entry draft. Now that I've made it here my goal is to defy the odds and show everyone that anything is possible.

interviewer
Now it's been very evident that since the rumors of you being chosen for the entry draft became true, you have inspired many girls around the world to try hockey. How does that make you feel?

Emilia
It makes me feel like a whole new person. Just to know that about this time a year ago I was still living in Pittsburgh, and I wasn't even considering being in the NHL. Now here I am inspiring so many young girls to try hockey. It feels amazing to know how I've impacted people positively.

interviewer
Well it was great talking to you, Emilia. Cant wait to see how the 2018-19 season affects you!