0.5 and so it begins

❝You're going to be one of the fastest 

skaters out there on the ice for our first 

game. I'd say that's a big accomplishment

since our first preseason game is against 

Pittsburgh.❞

        "Is it okay to be nervous?" Emilia asked turning to her two teammates.

        "I mean I guess. It's just a preseason game." Alex said turning to face her direction.

         "Easy for you to say. You're already officially on the team!" She said rolling her eyes at his answer.

         "I mean there's still over 48 hours until the game. I'd say just get your nerves out now, and you'll be fine." Casey suggested.

        "You know what I'm going to go for a run. Maybe it will ease my nerves." Emilia said while turning to walk out of the hotel. Both boys just looked at each other confused about her sudden reaction.

         Emilia had been running for a solid 30 minutes. She knew she was close to the hotel since she had made multiple laps around the buildings near the hotel. She wasn't so sure that the run helped her ease her nerves, but it did make her feel better.

         As soon as she stepped foot into the hotel she could notice how empty it was. She was utterly confused considering the lobby was usually packed to to the rim.

         Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted when a whole group of men barged through the lobby doors. She couldn't possibly think who they were until it hit her. The whole Pittsburgh Penguins team would be staying in the same hotel as her. Not being notified of this event, she immediately made her way to one of her teammates rooms.

       "Why didn't you tell me that every home game we'd be sharing the hotel with the opposing team!?" Emilia yelled while storming into Jack and Sams shared room. She noticed how they had two packed suitcases laying out on their floor.

         "Um actually only you will be sharing the hotel with the opposing team." Sam simply stated.

         "Wait what?" She muttered being quite confused.

         "Hate to break it to you Em, but we are all going back to our beloved homes while you stay here in the hotel." Jack said.

         "But I've spent the last two months with all of you! You're telling me that for the whole preseason I'll be her all alone with the opposing team?" Emilia practically yelled at the two of them.

         "Well yeah but we can always come here or you can stay at one of our places for the remainder of the preseason." Sam suggested trying to show her sympathy.

          "And just think you're whole plan of getting friends in the NHL could actually work by staying here with the opposing team." Jack stated attempting to be positive about the situation.

          "Okay just promise me that there will be some team bonding during the preseason?" She asked with pleading eyes.

          "There will be team bonding throughout the whole regular season too." Jack retorted to her question.

           "How many times do I have to say it—"

          "No one knows if you'll make it past the  preseason. Blah blah blah." Someone sarcastically said from behind her. She turned to see Ryan O'reilly surprisingly without a scowl etched on his face.

          "But on the other hand, the other teams rooms are right below us. You know what that means." He said smirking to his teammates.

            "No way. There is no way we are going to do what you plan on doing." Emilia said pointing her finger right into his chest.

            "Awe c'mon! All we would do is just make an incredulous amount of noise." Jack whined from behind her.

           "Alright fine but don't involve me in any of it. If you want me i'll be getting candy from the lobby." She said while pivoting on her foot and heading to the elevator.

          Once the elevator doors had closed she decided to check her notifications. She didn't notice the elevator signify that it would be stopping at the floor below her.

            The moment the doors opened, Emilia's mouth had practically dropped to the floor.

"Holy shit you're—"