Chapter Sixteen;

CHRIS'S POV

I'm kind of worried now that Peyton left me here at the movies. I mean, what if Jeremy is outside, waiting to beat me up. I guess I shouldn't care, if he wanted to come at me he could do so. I don't really mind, I'm beat up. Plus, I still have some anger I could take out on him if he came at me.

As I watch Peyton leave with Aaron down the hall and out of the movie theater, I can't help but think about what's going to happen to be in Korea. I'm going to end up getting hurt, and then what'll happen. I'll be weaker than I was today.

I shake my head free of those thoughts and walk out of the movie theater and to my truck. I wonder if I'll need stitches in my lip. It's cut open again after I nervously bit down on it, and Peyton is the doctor. She should have been fixing herself up but instead she chose to get me all clean again. I look for something to dab the blood that's on my lip with. I open the glove box and find a couple napkins from McDonalds in there. I smile, knowing that Beck is always prepared.

I hold the napkin to my lip the whole way home, and then take it off when I get there. Beck sees me through the door and he smiles at me.

"Someone get into a fight today?" He asks. I nod my head.

"Some guy Jeremy starting hitting on Peyton-literally- and I couldn't just stand there and watch" I say. Beck nods his head and slaps my back.

"Well at least you stuck up for her. You're a real gentleman, Chris" He tells me. I smile and walk over to the mirror. My lip does look bad, but I guess I can't do anything until I go to a hospital. I'm not ready for that, not tonight anyway. I just put on my pajamas and go to bed.

*********************************************************************************************

PEYTON'S POV

I walk down the hall of the movies with Aaron. I move closer to him as I see Jeremy across the street walking to the bar.

"You alright?" He asks me. I nod my head.

"Yes, I'm fine" I say. He looks at me questioningly, but he doesn't say anything more as we get in my car.

It's silent almost the whole way home, until he pulls into McDonalds and asks me if I want anything. I shake my head and tell him no, but he orders me a 6 pack of mcnuggets even though I told him I'm not hungry.

We pull out of the parking lot and he hands me my chicken nuggets. I smile at him, thank him, and then I start to eat my food. I'm not hungry but they taste really good. They help me calm down after being hit by Jeremy.

I can't believe I ran into him. The night that everything was suppose to go perfectly with Chris and Aaron and I going to a movie together. I  never thought that anything would go wrong, until I saw Jeremy. As soon as he hugged me I knew that something was going to go wrong. His grip on me was just too tight.

"Listen, I know that tonight didn't go as you planned, but I wanted you to know that I had fun with you and Chris. I like him, I think that he's going to be able to protect you no matter what happens. He showed that to me when he was beating Jeremy senseless for hitting you. Which I would have done, if he hadn't have beat me to it" He says. I smile at him and give him a side hug.

"Thanks Aaron. It means a lot to me that you like Chris, because if you didn't I don't know how I could possibly live." I say over dramatically. He laughs and punches me in the shoulder he kills the engine of the car.

"You're funny , Peyton. " He says, tagging me and running across the parking lot and into my dorm building. I race after him, laughing.

I pass through the hallways, unable to find where he went. He didn't go back to my room, because the door is still locked and he has my keys. I wanted to ask him where he was, but that would require yelling his name, which I couldn't do because it's a little late at night and I'm not the only one who has a dorm here.