4

Hua Chenyu's POV

I love music. And I really really respect musicians. When I learned someone from the Philippines is gonna participate I was excited. Philippines is land of great singers.

When I met KZ I felt something. I had friends and ex girlfriends who are musicians but this girl is different. Her aura rocks. That's why I braced myself before her performance. This is gonna be a tough competition I know.

I knew that she will sing rolling in the deep. But never did I expect that she will own the song. She's amazing and in that moment that she's on stage We saw a different KZ. I didn't know that a girl that small is like a monster on stage. She rocked every part of the song. The audience loved her. And I will not be surprised if Chinese people will now her name in the future.

I felt mixed emotions on that performance Admiration, jealousy and frustration. I admired her for her craft. I felt jealous because she's like the person that I want on stage. And I was frustrated because I felt there still something lacking in my performances. If KZ can rearrange songs like that then there's no way that I couldn't.

Just wait and I'll make that girl look up to me.

Jackie Tam POV

I was frustrated at first when I knew that I'll be partnered with someone from the Philippines. But when I saw the girl in the airport I decided to accept it. She's somehow tolerable. I'll just deal with it.

When we began talking about staffs I noticed that she's nice. She's not like some girl singers that I know. They look up so much to themselves. Being humble was out of their vocabulary. But as time passed with KZ, I noticed that she's humble. I wonder if she's not that known in the Philippines. Is she really a good singer? Is she worth it?

I doubted her. That's why I searched her name on the internet. I watched her videos. And I saw how much she changed in her appearance, fashion, make up and hairstyle. No, she didn't have some surgery. But her skin is lighter now, she's skinnier, and her style rocks. But one thing that I've noticed is that her voice didn't change. She is talented from the beginning up until now.

And that was proved to me for the nth time when she began conquering the stage with her own version of rolling in the deep. Man, I've never watch that kind of performance from a girl before. She's so free. She didn't mind her appearance. She just rocked the stage like a real performer is supposed to do. And her arrangement of the song is superb.

I can say my spirit was uplifted after that performance. Win or lose I can say my partner is something to be proud of. She rocks. And I wonder why she acts that way wherever she go. She's shy. She's humble. She thinks of herself a way too little. She has no confidence in herself. And as her music partner I'll do anything to give her confidence. She's beautiful and she has to know it.