; part 5

< night full of tears >

; kim jieun's pov

i have never felt this dead these past few days. after hyukjae appeared in my life out of nowhere, i was sent into a rollercoaster ride full of ups and downs.

i was lost, trapped. i wonder where does my own feelings for him stand now? do i still want him as something more? or did it all fade away?

i looked around my surroundings, it was the coldest night. cold air hit me and there was no one around.

i pulled my phone out, it was 10.30pm. i regretted staying late just for some stupid report. i sighed and clutched my tote bag closer to me, so i felt warmer.

when i end up at the bus stop, i was terrified and scared. i plugged in my earphones turned on some music so it could help me forget how quiet and eerie the atmosphere is.

till someone tapped on my shoulder. i turned behind, i expected for siwon, but it was minho.

i gave him a slight smile as he then took a seat beside me, greeting.

i took out my earphones as we began to talk. "going home alone?" i nodded.

"you know, i can accompany you if you want to.." his voice lingered as his filthy hands carress my waist.

i obviously felt uncomfortable, "minho, what are you doing?" i barely was able to push him away and that made him really mad.

tears flowed down as he approached me with a different but furious gaze as he forced his lips on mine. i kept hitting him to get off but it didn't work.

he gasped for air as he finally stops, "i know you wanted me the first time we met."

"please.. leave me.." i let out soft whispers i had no energy as i was overwhelmed by his force.

he started carressing my thighs, ready to do something worse till someone screamed his name.

i felt relieved as that someone grabbed him by the neck and punched him. i was relieved and kept on crying more. it was as though my tears could drown the whole city.

"kim jieun! are you okay!" i finally looked up, siwon and hyukjae looked at me with genuine worried eyes. i ran into both of their embrace, "thank you."

behind them, minho was there struggling in pain, wiping his blood. siwon stood up, gave minho one last swing and dialled for the police.

-

after we both have left from the station, i stuck very closely to the two boys feelings very secure.

"how did you two end up together?"

hyukjae chuckled, "i saw him at the park all alone and just decided to approach him." he stood before me now and rested his head on siwon's shoulder, "happy to say we have both patched up."

siwon then approached me, "you okay with it?" i nodded, giving my seal of approval. i could not avoid hyukjae anymore longer. i smiled cheerfully like how i always do back then as siwon ruffled my hair.

i interwined my arm with theirs as we walk arm in arm, to a new beginning.

we got interrupted by hyukjae's phone ringing. he looked very scared when he saw who was calling, saying goodbye before he had to go.

me and siwon wondered what and who made him so scared.

"do you think he'll be fine?" i felt worried.

siwon gave my shoulder a squeeze and accompanied me back home.

"you worry about others so much jieun. sometimes, i want you to worry about yourself more."

and that sentence lingered on my mind for a while, causing me to be sleepless.