3. Siblings and Piano Fortes

"Mom!" I called out as I entered my house, "I'm going to my room to hang out with a friend."

I shut the door. Scott looked dumbfounded, like he's never seen a house before.

"It's big," Scott mumbled, "It's huge."

I grew up in this house. My dad has a really good job as a software designer, and he travels a lot. He doesn't see us often during the week, but manages to get back every Sabbath and on major events. He bought us a billion piano fortes, a nice house, and many other excessive, unnecessary things. I just want him here, though.

Since I've lived here for so long, it doesn't come off as big. It's like a miniature mansion in California. We have another one in New York. 

My mom sped down stairs in an authentic Grenadian dress. She dresses really flashy-like, but she's really humble, which is weird, while having a husband that's rich.

"You've never had a friend over before." she loudly whispered to me. Notice I said loudly. That may be the reason Scott blushed; my mom's not good at whispering.

"Mom!" I whined.

Scott spoke up, "Nice to meet you, Mrs., erm," Scott turned to me, "What's your last name?'

"Olusola," I whisper.

"Mrs. Olusola," Scott gave my mom a bright smile.

"We're going upstairs to play the piano forte in my room," I said to my mom.

"Don't do anything musically stupid, like bad chords or melodies, please? I hate badly composed music." She smirked at us. "I have to go run some errands, print some sheet music, play at Carnegie Hall, you know Kev, the usual." She waved goodbye to us as she went out the door.

"So, you really have a grand piano forte in your room?" Scott said as we walked up the stairs.

"Of course!" I answered.

As soon as we got to my bedroom door, I heard an SDA hymn being played, quite skillfully if I might say, accompanied with a smooth soprano voice, and a high tenor harmonizing together. I opened the door to see my little brother Kellon and my little sister Candace playing my piano forte. I've always hated when they played mine, when they both have a perfectly good one in their rooms.

"Guys!" I yelled at my siblings so loud they flinched, "Go play your own piano forte!"

Candy spoke up, "We only have silly electric piano fortes! You have a," she looked at the big instrument in my room for emphasis, "A grand one." Kellon nodded in agreement. He was always quiet.

"Get out of my room!" I opened the door and pointed at their rooms. They sadly walked out, their heads hung low.

"Wow," Scott smirked, "I've never seen you that assertive before."

I punched him in the arm and he made a face, like I actually hurt him.

"Tough up, String Bean." I smirked back at him.

"The song, right?" Scott said as he opened his songbook.

"Yea," I agreed, "Play those chords from the chorus," I sat down at the piano forte and patted a spot next to me.

I didn't really didn't have an input, I just loved those chords. They were so beautiful.

"I got them from another song I wrote, 'The Baddest Girl'." Scott's voice snapped me out of my trance. He started playing the song, but he stopped abruptly, and I frowned at him.

"The beginning has a four part harmony; baritone, tenor, alto, and bass. I don't know if this is too much to ask, but..." Scott's voice trailed off with uncertainty.