thirty nine

Jimin was able to make a full recovery and was let out of the hospital within three days time. Taehyung had gotten three stitches for the cut on his side and discharged a week after being admitted.

The two sat side by side at a lunch table for break. They had always had an awkward relationship but that didn't seem to be a problem now as they chatted away on projects they needed to finish and upcoming tests.

"I hate math, it's honestly ridiculous." Jimin whined about the subject for the fifth time now and Taehyung rolled his eyes as he took an apple slice and ate it.

"Tae!" Jimin looked up to see Jungkook with a bright smile plastered on his face, the boy sitting next to his boyfriend and giving him a quick peck on the lips.

The action did make Jimin slightly squirmish and his heart pinched in jealousy but it was soon replaced by a feeling of content. He hung his head staring at the blob of pasta that was on his plate.

"Earth to Jimin." Jungkook waved a hand in front of the boy's face and he shook his head.

"Huh?"

"Who are you daydreaming about Jiminie?" Jungkook teased and Jimin flushed slightly.

"What? No, I wasn't dreaming about anyone! I just dozed off..." But as soon as the boy had said his words he couldn't deny that someone's face did come to mind.

"Oh come on, you were thinking about Yoongi weren't you?" Jimin shrugged instead fiddling with his fingers.

"What I don't understand is why the two of them haven't gotten together yet. I mean Jimin likes him and Yoongi likes him back, so what are you guys waiting for?" Taehyung questioned as Jungkook slung an arm around the boy's shoulders.

Jimin bit at his lower lip.

"I don't know, we're just taking it slow I guess. I mean we were seperated once before and I guess we're just afraid it might happen again."

"But you care for him right?" Jimin's heart fluttered as he though of that gummy smile that made his insides turn and he nodded.

"Speaking of the devil..." Taehyung muttered the words just as Yoongi came to side beside Jimin making the boy flush pink again and make his heartrate spike.

"Hey Yoongs."

"Hey Jiminie." The two stared at each other, eyes gazing into each other, lost in their own world unaware of the other two staring at them.

"Just makeout already." They turned to Jungkook and Jimin gave him a glare.

"Hey, not all relationships are about making out...and stuff." The youngest stuck his tongue out at them.

"True, but there's still one thing I have yet to understand about the three of you." Yoongi stated eyeing each of them.

"What?"

"See, Taehyung liked Jimin but not in that way, but Jimin liked Jungkook in more than just one way, and Jungkook liked Taehyung a certain way but not the way he liked Jimin, and Jimin liked Taehyung, but Taehyung liked Jungkook with a passion...How does that make sense at all?"

The three of them looked towards one another before answering in unison.

"It's complicated."

•••

a/n: the end :)