Chapter 32

"Waslow!"

The booming voice woke up the sleeping couple, but only one of them moved into action. Instead of letting Greta out of the bed, which Alexander was sure she would do if she could move, he wrapped his arm around her waist, pulled her to his chest, and, for good measure, draped his heavy leg across hers.

"There's no need to move, love," Alexander whispered near her ear. "It's just Cenek."

"Get out of Margaret's bed, Waslow," Cenek ordered.

"Or else?"

"Yes, or else," Cenek said. He crossed the floor in quick steps and stopped not far from the bed. "Move, Alex. Get out of her bed."

"She's my mate."

"And, unless somehow the two of you were bound last night after you sneaked on my property, you have no right to be in her bed. Now, if you don't get out of Margaret's bed, I'll kick you off my property and keep Margaret here to protect her. And next time, I'll put more men on her, and you won't get past them."

Alexander knew that Cenek was protecting Greta, and, although he wasn't ever going to harm her, he knew that Cenek was in the right. Leaning over, he kissed Greta softly on the lips before untangling himself from around Greta and slipping out of the bed. He reached for his pants, pulling them on as he talked to Cenek. "You would find it fatal to you or any of men if you try to keep me from Greta."

Greta rolled over to the other side of the bed and exited there. She snatched a look over at Alexander. She was slightly disappointed when he put his shirt on thus covering his perfectly sculpted chest.

"Margaret!" Cenek scolded when he caught the skip in her heart.

Greta shrugged a shoulder as she grabbed the plush, grey robe from the chair. She slipped her arms into the material and wrapped the belt around her waist. "Well, while you two talk, I'm going to go down and get some breakfast."

"Stay here, Greta," Alexander ordered as he sat on the bed to tie his shoes.

"Why?"

"Because I said so." Alexander was looking at his feet and therefore didn't exactly see what Greta had done, but he figured when the pillow hit him in the back of the head that Greta didn't care much for his choice of words.

Greta stomped across the room. She stopped just in front of Cenek. "This is your fault. You said he wouldn't be able to get to me."

"You're the one who accepted him into your bed last night," Cenek pointed out. "Waslow might have been able to sneak around my men without making a noise, but I can guarantee you that my men would have heard you had you screamed."

She blushed clear to her roots. She opened her mouth and then closed it and then opened it and then closed it. Finally, she managed to find some words to say. "This is still your fault. I was sleeping when he showed up, and I can't be held responsible for what I do when I'm sleeping. I hardly knew he was there."

"Hardly?" Alexander scoffed. "My dear, we are mates. You were very much aware..." his words were cut off when Greta turned her perfected teacher stare at him. Having been a leader for several centuries, and being considered one of the most terrifying Lycans to have existed, Alexander was not used to anyone turning a disapproving look at him.

Greta's face was as red as an apple, but she managed to keep Alexander quiet with her look which she had to be grateful for. "Alexander!"

Alexander couldn't hide the smile from his face. It was true that he hadn't often been scolded. In fact, his father had been the last person to scold him, and he had taken that scolding to heart and learned from it, but Alexander found that he his reaction to this scolding was much different than that one. He liked it when Greta took control. He liked it when she got all flustered that she seemed to forget what was going on around her. He couldn't help but let out a small sigh. He loved his mate.