The Newbie Jess

Jess p. o. v-

Today was the day that we start going to school here.

Sadly we're no longer in Texas because of what Lucas did back in Texas, but I can tell he's trying to be a good kid now.

I had to switch schools with him in order to keep an eye on him, but he's doing well so far.

"you ready?" Lucas asked

"I should be asking you that" I say laughing a little.

"yeah" Lucas says as we walk into the subway.

We sit there for a few minutes and I start thinking about what will happen in this new school and this new town as well.

I have to start all over again.
And all my friends are stuck in Texas.

'well I hope I can have some friends there'i think

My train of thought is than interrupted by another girl sitting next to me.

"sup i'm Emily Hunter" she says smilling

"I'm Jessica friar and this"I point to Lucas.

"Is my brother Lucas, we just moved here from Texas.

"he's in middle school and I'm in highschool. What about you? "I ask

"same, that's my neice"she points to a brunette

"and her best friend maya"she than points to a blond

"cool"I say. I look up to the 2 girls and next thing I know Maya pushes Riley on my brother.

"Hi, we were just talking about you, my aunt was talking to your friend"she says looking at Lucas with heart eyes and smilling.

"Hi I'm Lucas, and this is my big sister Jessica"Lucas tells Riley his and my name's.

"I love it!! "Riley beams with happiness

A lady in perhaps her 40's walks in.

"perhaps someone would like to give up their seat to someone older?"the lady asks looking around.

Lucas stands up
"not you sweet potato pie "she says smilling at my brother.

"please don't make me move I just wanna see where this goes"Riley begs looking at the lady.

The lady almost laughs at her.

"I've just worked a 12 hour shift and I just wanna see where this"she points to her bum" goes m'kay? "

"m'kay"Riley sadly says getting up

I saw Emily turn to the boy near my brother.

"hey Maxy "Emily says to the boy.

"hey Em what's up? "the bo--max asks

"what are you doing here in new York and not in phili?"Emily asks him confused

"I'm actually going to school her with riley"he pauses" and maya"he blushed but then covers it up with a smirk.

'Someone has a crush!!'i think

"awesome"Emily smiles

I look over to the two girls

"that was great "Riley smiles

"you're welcome"Maya tells her

"what if that was the best moment of my life? What if nothing ever happens to me again!? "Riley freaks out

Maya smiles at Riley and pushes her again, but this time she lands on Evelyn(the lady from before),Evelyn looks at Riley.

"It's for you"she puts Riley on my brother again and he puts her on the chair next to him.

I look at Emily

"ready for school? "she asks me, somehow not nervous but sad.

"yeah, at least I'm not alone"I say happy to already have a friend.

"true"she smiles

The girls, Max and Lucas go to the middle school while me and em go next door to the highschool.

We walk in and some people look at us while we act like we don't care, we soon get to the office and see a cute boy there with curly hair.

"hi"he says

"um uh hi.. "I stumble out some words

"I'm Emily"Emily says her name

"I'm Tyler"he smiles and I start blushing.

Em gives me a knowing look that just says 'someones got a crush!'i roll my eyes and smile at the boy.

"I'm Jessica you can call me Jess o--or jessie!!"I smile nervously

"you guys new?"he asks smirking

"is it that obvious"Emily asks smirking

"a little bit"he says using his fingers to show a pinch

"can you show us to our classes!?"I ask since we both are new and don't know.

"sure"he smiles sweetly at me

"actually I know where mine is, so you guys have fun, see you later Jess and nice meeting you ty!"she winks and we both blush and then she walks into the office.