comic review

Comic: Check Please!

Creator: Ngozi Ukazu.

Synopsis:

Eric Bittle-former Georgia junior figure skating champion, vlogger extraordinaire, and amateur pâtissier-is starting his freshman year playing hockey at the prestigious Samwell University in Samwell, Massachusetts. And it's basically nothing like co-ed club hockey back in the South. For one?

There's checking.

It's a story about hockey and friendship and bros, and trying to find yourself during the best 4 years of your life, with a hint of romance.

Rating:10/10

Reasons on why:

I love how real the characters and situations in the comic get, for example one of the characters suffers from anxiety in a pretty realistic way (if I say anything else it'll probably spoil the story)

I love how the romance is a slow burn and it's written so well and I love how the relationship has realistic hardships along with how supportive the couple is to one another

How i found out about the comic:

I follow these two cosplayers when I was looking at cosplays since I love how cosplayers bring fictional characters to life

I started following Rayne and hiccup because of their newsies cosplays then I saw that they started to cosplay two of the main characters Jack and Bitty from Check Please! And at the time I didn't know about the comic and like two weeks passed and I finally decided to find and read the comic so I could find out why they cosplayed these two characters in particular.

and I'm glad that I was able to read the comic because it's an awesome comic that more people should read.

Here are Rayne and Hiccup's Instagram accounts, you should definitely check them out thier cosplays are amazing and amazing artists too

Rayne
(https://www.instagram.com/tireelintes/)

Hiccup
(https://www.instagram.com/crutchiie/)