Wish You Were Here - Avril Lavigne

Most people could relate their life with this song.

Love.

Friends.

Family.

There's a lot of things but for me, I would choose 'Family'. Why? Because I lost my mother when I was 12 years old and the worse thing is, I had tons of premonitions about it that makes me feel guilty. I didn't take the chance to say "I'm sorry" or "I love you mom". Instead, I hate her. I felt embarrassed to have her as a mother. I thought that she didn't care about me. I was overwhelm by my immaturely feelings.

Why didn't I think positively? Why did I doubt her? Why did I think bad of her? Why?

Before they buried her, I watched her face. So paled. So dead. I felt nothing. No tears and my heart didn't felt like something was gone. Lost forever. I felt nothing. All I did was stare. I just stared at that lifeless face.

I didn't think about her feelings. She didn't die because of a disease. She committed suicide. She couldn't handle the stress. I lived with my father and they divorced when I was 8 years old but she left us during my first day of school and took my a year old baby brother with her. I hate her for doing that. She left my father just for a rich old man that I called Grandpa to amused him.

Then, my father remarried my step mom and took my brother from her when we found out that she wasn't taking care of him properly and abused him often. It's just made me hate her even more. My mind was too fragile and I was too easily used. My step mother would usually say "No offense, but your mother is being an irresponsible mother and just look at your brother, I feel pity for him."

Some said that she works as a prostitute. That just add even more hate to my feelings towards her. What kind of a woman is she? How could she do such thing? Why can't I have I normal mother? Why? What if anyone in my school knows this? What if this rumor is true? Where am I going to hide my face?

But now I know why, we were having a lot of hardships when my late mother and my father were together. We barely even own a house. She couldn't take it. But then, she should have been patient. Things worked out for my dad. We're having a better life than before. Although my dad is currently separate with my step mom because of some misunderstanding, things are still better than before.

I regretted for hating you. If only I said how much I love you, maybe you would have in drown yourself in that sea. Maybe that way, you won't die a pitiful death.

I regretted for all this things. I wish I was thinking maturely that time.

I wish you were here to hear the words I wanted to say.

I'm sorry.

And I do love you Mother.

Most of all, this is how I could relate my life with this song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wish You Were Here"

[Verse 1:]

I can be tough

I can be strong

But with you

It's not like that at all

There's a girl

That gives a shit

Behind this wall

You just walked through it

[Pre-Chorus:]

And I remember all those crazy things you said

You left them running through my head

You're always there, you're everywhere

But right now I wish you were here.

All those crazy things we did

Didn't think about it, just went with it

You're always there, you're everywhere

But right now I wish you were here

[Chorus:]

Damn, Damn, Damn,

What I'd do to have you

Here, here, here

I wish you were here.

Damn, Damn, Damn

What I'd do to have you

Near, near, near

I wish you were here.

[Verse 2:]

I love

The way you are

It's who I am

Don't have to try hard

We always say

Say it like it is

And the truth

Is that I really mi-I-iss

[Pre-Chorus:]

All those crazy things you said (things you said)

You left them running through my head (through my head)

You're always there, you're everywhere

But right now I wish you were here.

All those crazy things we did (things we did)

Didn't think about it, just went with it (went with it)

You're always there, you're everywhere

But right now I wish you were here

[Chorus:]

Damn, Damn, Damn,

What I'd do to have you

Here, here, here

I wish you were here.

Damn, Damn, Damn

What I'd do to have you

Near, near, near

I wish you were here.

[Bridge:]

No, I don't wanna let go

I just wanna let you know

That I never wanna let go

(Let go let go let go let go)

No, I don't wanna let go

I just wanna let you know

That I never wanna let go

(Let go let go let go let go let go let go let go)

[Chorus:]

Damn, Damn, Damn,

What I'd do to have you

Here, here, here

I wish you were here (I wish you were here)

Damn, Damn, Damn

What I'd do to have you

Near, near, near

I wish you were here.

Damn, Damn, Damn (Damn)

What I'd do to have you

Here, here, here (Here)

I wish you were here.

Damn, Damn, Damn

What I'd do to have you

Near, near, near

I wish you were here.