Deathbringer's Scroll

Deathbringer woke up with the night, so Glory was still asleep.

He brought out his assassin skills and quietly walked out of the royal hut. His queen was snoring slightly, indicating that this time she wasn't faking.

Deathbringer looked up at the night sky, and it was simply breathtaking. The two moons that were out were practically suns, they shined with a blinding white light that illuminated everything around. That stars twinkled like winking eyes, making the night sky look as if it were made out of diamonds.

First things first...

After checking the perimeter at least twice, the NightWing went back inside and checked on his dragonets.

Hunter and Aurora were deep asleep, just like their mother was.

To Deathbringer, they looked so delicate and innocent, but he knew it wouldn't be long before they started showing their real personalities.

Although they were barely a month old, the royal twins already had a defensive tactic that would prove useful for the future.

Being born under one moon, they had a peculiar power never heard of before. Deathbringer figured it was because they were hybrids that it turned out differently.

Aurora and Hunter could read each other's minds. However, they couldn't see the thoughts of other dragons besides themselves.

It had been confusing when they hatched, Aurora had a silver teardrop scale next to her left eye, whereas Hunter had the same silver scale on his right eye.

After a while, Deathbringer and Glory had finally caught on to it, and eventually learned to embrace it.

Deathbringer smiled and walked out of his dragonet's dorm. His claws not making a sound. He went back to his room, the one he shared with Glory, and plopped down on the soft mattress made out of comfortable camel and bear furs. Gifts from Sunny and Clay.

The assassin's expert ear heard a sound; nothing. The queen's slight snores were gone.

Time to read the scroll. Again. Seriously, is she ever going to learn that she can't fool me?

With a smirk on his face, Deathbringer got off the mattress and pretended not to notice his queen's eyes on him. His night vision was sometimes the only ability Deathbringer thought he couldn't live without.

With a brisk motion, the NightWing ruler opened a drawer from where all the official scrolls were kept. He lifted the first wooden board until another drawer appeared. In the corner, a scroll sat in perfect conditions. The cause being that it had been read several times before. Sure it was crinkly and somewhat worn down, but it was still decent.

Deathbringer carefully opened it up and began to read out loud, but not too loud that it would wake up his dragonets. He changed his voice in a terrible impression of Glory.

Dearest smug-face assassin,

I know that sometimes I'm not very clear with what I say. Yet, you managed to find a way to understand me. Not even my closest friends had accepted my sarcasm fully. But you didn't mind. In fact, you used it against me so much that I thought I would go crazy. And I did. At one point in time I had the realization that I liked you. Back then it seemed like I was loosing mind. I couldn't possibly like Deathbringer! But now, as the months went by, the fog before my eyes cleared up. And it was then that I knew that I loved you. Don't worry, even writing that is making me cringe. I'm not that kind of dragon. Anyhow, if anything happens to me, and you can still read this scroll, I just wanted to be direct. Just in case. And if the occasion ever arrives when you're actually going to hear me say 'I love you', then more than likely something apocalyptic must be going on. Which would probably be never.
I've come to the conclusion that you like me too. Kinda weird, how your mission had been to kill me, yet you fell head over talons for me. I honestly never thought someone would love me like that. It never crossed my mind. Growing up, my life had always been hard. You know, me being a RainWing and all. Our guardians would always beat me the worst. It's okay, because now I have you. I have the rainforest, and more friends than I thought possible.
Oh my moons, what am I saying?!  Or writing, doesn't matter.
I'm turning into Sunny. FYI, not good. Not good! Sunny's awesome, but she's not a dragon I would like to be.
Okay, now I'm rambling.
I need to get to the point where I confess my feelings, then I cry, you cry, and then everyone thinks I'm a super nice dragon and yaddi yadda.
Oh yeah, you just came back from going hunting and you're trying to see what I'm writing over my shoulder. Can you just stop it?! Personal space here!
Also, running out of scroll space.
So, I can't really put my feelings into words, so I'll try my best.
When you're gone, I feel...dark grey. Let's put it like that. With a little bit of pink too of course, cause you tend to be really annoying.
When you stayed at the volcanic island when you rescued me with Clay, I felt blue. Because I thought I was going to loose you. But you still lived.
Yay.
And I guess what I've been trying so say all along, is that loving you...is red.
Red, because one; you can somehow get on my nerves and then I get really, REALLY mad. However, the other reason is that; you make my scales go red with love. There's just something about you that makes you different than anyone else. You made me see the world in a different perspective. And I just wanted to thank you for that. Stay strong my bodyguard.

With many thoughts,
Glory of the RainWings

The assassin's heart squeezed as it did every time he read the scroll, but he couldn't help smirking at the queen's reaction.

It was simply priceless.

Her scales were bright red, which made it even more amusing. She was glaring at Deathbringer, and smoke was practically coming out of her ears.

The NightWing couldn't help but laugh out loud, and that's when Glory pounced.
He didn't even try to evade her, he knew she wouldn't really do anything.

She sat on top of him, her green eyes alight with fury and something else he couldn't quite place his talon on. His best guess was love. But even though he had known Glory for eight years, it was always hard to tell what her emotions were. However, it only got easier as time went by.

The queen glared at him with an intensity that would have anyone else cowering in fear, but not Deathbringer. He just smirked and lifted his head to kiss her.

Almost instantly, her scales turned pink. The NightWing broke the kiss and expertly flipped Glory over so he was now on top of her.

Deathbringer's smirk grew wider as he realized that he had gotten the effect he had wanted.

The royal couple kissed again, this time with nothing but love. They were completely oblivious to the dragonets standing at the doorway.

———

Aurora wrinkled her snout and sent a thought to her brother.

Are they kizzing again? Thiz haz tu be the sixth night they do dat!

Hunter responded immediately.

'Yup, I kinda got uzed to dis.'

Should we go and let them no we here?

'Nah, let'z juz go back to zleep. Me tired.'

You alwayz tired!

Hunter chuckled silently as he went back to his and his sister's dorm. Aurora followed close behind with one last look at her parents.

————————————————————-

I'm sorry I took so long, but my life has been crazy and i never had a chance to come back to Wattpad and write anything.

I also wanted to make this as perfect as possible. So yeah, I finally got this through.

Next chapter will have more info on what I'm planning to do next, so stay tuned.

Okie Dokie

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind.

-Sofi