025 | Detective Tate

Grace's pov

Grace's pov

Being a cop is great but it really is a difficult job, but I do miss my niece's and Nephew; Erin, Noelle and Joe. I took the job in Chicago where I was born and raised until I was 10 before I moved in with my older brother. I've always loved Chicago it's such a lovely city and I loved it but I left my nieces and nephew over in uk.

Joe Tate; he's the oldest, Always been full of himself even when he was a kid. Noelle Tate; she's the middle child, smart, funny and would protect anyone. She said she wants to be just like me when she's older. Erin Tate; she's fierce, protest her friends and family and doesn't take no for a answer. The girls are the the only ones I'm in contact with, mostly Erin though since we're planning a surprise for Noelle

"Tate, Connor you two go and talk to the victims mother" my boss told me and my work partner Reece Connor, we've been partners for three years

"On it boss" I nodded. We were working on a case where a teenage girl and her younger sister were both shot down, dead. The teenage couldn't be older than Erin which made me want to crack the case much more quicker so we can get answers for the girls mum.

"Mrs Grange if you wouldn't mind answering some of our questions" Reece asked the Mum of the two small girls, she was in tears like anyone would be

"Anything to help find who did this to my little girls" Mrs Grange explained to me an Reece.

"Do you know who would want to hurt your daughters?" I asked pushing my feelings to one side so I didn't break down myself.

"I don't know. All I've ever done is tried to protect Millie and Maddie. Their dad have been in and out of their life for as long as I can remember. When Maddie was born he would go out drinking every single night. He'd hurt Millie if I left her home alone with him. I left him a few times with the girls but he got worse and he tried to take them away from me. Over the last few months it has been like he's been taking something but I don't know what it would be. I should have been there to protect them" Mrs Grange cried.

"You weren't to know this was going to happen. Can you tell us the name of their dad?" Reece asked as I comforted the woman.

"Aaron-Lee Grange" she nodded and I wrote down his name.

"We will catch who did this to Millie and Maddie we won't let them get away with it" I reassured her as myself and Reece got into Reece's work car heading back to the station..

"Grace are you okay?" Reece asked me when we got back to the station and I looked down.

"This case. It's just reminding me of Erin, Millie is probably just a few months younger than Erin or maybe a year younger. It's making me think that something could happen to her or even Noelle. I'm not even their to help them"  I sighed walking into the station. We walked up the stairs to our intelligence floor.

"Why don't you give Erin a call before we head back out to find Aaron-Lee.?" Reece suggested and I shrugged. I tried not to bring my  personal life into work and Reece knows that.

"Reece you know I don't like bringing my personal life into work" I complained just as my phone rang, Erin's name popped up

"Go and answer it them we will go to and find Aaron." Reece told me and I picked up the phone and walked out of the floor with my phone to my ear.

"Hello Erin, are you alright?" I asked immediately as I worried something was going on.

"Hi Auntie Grace, I'm fine. It's just Elle has just gone back to school after she got shot by." Erin paused but my heart sank. Noelle had been shot, I didn't even need to know who it was that shoot Elle I already had some ideas

"He was shot by Benji." Erin finished her sentence

"What when? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I asked with a hint of anger in my voice

"I'm sorry aunt Grace, I didn't leave Noelle's side. I would have called" a sleepy sounded

"Hey don't worry about it, are you safe?" I asked my youngest niece

"I'm fine, just tired. We're both scared he'll come for either of us when we're not around for each other. She isn't due back until the middle or end of June" Erin grumbled and made sure she was okay before we said goodbye. Went back to Reece and told him I was ready to go. Reece knocked on the door on Aaron-Lee's house

"Hello im Detective Tate and this is my partner Detective Connor we were wondering if you could answer some question for us" I asked the man stood at the door, he reeked of booze and had pinpoint puples.

"What about" he asked defensively

"Your daughters Millie and Maddie were shot and died in the early this mornings we would like to ask you a few questions about that." I responded simply

"I'm busy, you'll have to come back" Aaron-Lee grumbled trying to shut the door on us.

"No. It wasn't a question to weather or not you'd answer the question now or later. It's simple you can either come with us back to the station OR we can arrest you. It's you choice sir" Reece forcefully spoke, this was going to be a long day but this is my life. Throughout the case I knew I would be thinking of Erin and Noelle but that's normal I just can't bring my personal life into work, not when work is so important to me.

The Life Of Detective Grace Tate, Fighting crime to make Chicago a better place city to live in.