Chapter Two

[~Levi POV~]

I let out a soft yawn, waking myself up. It was Monday morning and school would be starting in a couple of hours. I powered on my phone and to my surprise, the brat had actually messaged me.

Unknown Number: Hey Levi, It's Eren, good morning.

I swiped to my contacts and added him as 'Bright Eyed Brat'.

Levi: Hey.  Good morning. I have to be at school early, so I have to go now.

Eren: Okay.

The thought had never really occurred to me, but it could be possible we go to the same school. I don't really pay attention to anything but Hanji, Erwin, and my academic career.  So it's possible i just never really noticed him.

Sighing, I stood up from my bed and walked over to my wardrobe. I picked out a black sweater and a pair of ripped black jeans.  Going downstairs, I put out a pot of herbal tea to drink. I heard a grumble come from towards to living room.

"Levi?" I internally groaned, my good for nothing father was home it seemed. I frowned to myself, not wanting to deal with him, but it seemed he wanted my attention. I spun around towards him with a stoic expression.

"Can you go to the store for me? I'm out." He said, motioning to an empty liquor bottle that was in his hand.

I groaned and glared at him, even in his non drunken state he was dense. "I'm a minor dumbass. Do it yourself. " I spat at him.

He grumbled and raised a fist at me. "You good for nothing brat! Can't you do anything right?" He yelled at me, but I was used to him being like this. I sighed, and turned around to finish making my tea.

"Oi brat! I'm talking to you!" He grabbed me by the shoulders, roughly turning me around .

!C R A C K!

I let out a horrified yelp as my favourite tea kettle smashed onto the ground into bits and shards. Cursing loudly at him, I shoved myself out of his grasp to clean up the mess on the floor.

[-Time skip, about two hours into the school day-]

Red, yellow, blue, white, white.. I thought to myself, counting the cars in the school parking lot. The window in the back of the science room has an almost perfect spot for car counting.

! S N A P !

What the fuck? I turned my head to see mini folded paper projectiles being flung across the room using rubber bands.

I tched to myself. Everytime someone would get hit, it would make a loud snapping noise that I really  hated.

I watched the paper war continue on as a brunette boy was getting aimed at. Poor boy, he's actually paying attention to this dumb lecture and taking notes.

! S N A P !

"Oww..." The brunette hissed and turned around to look at who snapped him.

"Jean!" He whisper yelled at the boy who'd hit him in the head. Jean just snickered and got ready to launch another one at some other kid who was across the room, also paying attention.

I studied his face a bit more closely and realized it was Eren. I suddenly got anxious, but I didn't know why. Fuck hormones. I felt a tap on my shoulder and audibly groaned. 

I turned around to look at the science addicted freak sitting behind me. "What do you want, four eyes?" I asked her, pissed off.

She passed me a piece of folder paper and a rubber band, with a stupid fucking grin on her face. "Shoot him!" She muttered excitedly to me. Why the fuck should I do that? There's no reason for me to.