14: Lament Red

[Tulkas Imin]

[Hiril Imin]

Three days passed but they merely stopped for rest. They passed lonely mountains, forests and deserts on their way. Lalaith was leading them the way. Shisen's dragon kept flying over them with another dragon, which on one have seen before. Its colour was shades of gold. It was very pretty dragon. They kept gliding in the air for three days but at night they landed for a little rest but other than that remained by their side. At the end of the third day the mountains came into view. They were fifty feet high. And there were roads between the mountains.

On the end of the fourth day reached the mountains. They made camp on the foot of the mountains and rested that night. At the dawn they rose and packed everything and climbed on their horses. They slowed their speed after reaching the mountains. Soon they found the place they were looking for. There was a cave in the middle of a big mountain. They stopped in front of it and climbed down from the horses. Lalaith looked at the cave carefully and turned around. "Lily and I will go inside. The three of you will stay here and wait." The dragons landed on their either side and turned their head towards Lalaith. "Stay with them." She said and walked inside the cave. Silently, Lily followed her. Inside was dark and silent. They could easily hair their footsteps. Lily put her hand on the hilt of her sword. They stopped in the center of the cave and looked at the other tunnels, leading the way on wards. Lalaith looked at the six tunnels and saw light in the middle tunnel. Silently they made their way towards that tunnel. They entered the tunnel and smelled smoke. As they moved forwards they entered a chamber of gems. Its walls and roof were covered with blue and red gems. In the middle of the chamber was a tomb. It was big and straight and seven feet high. On it was a body a woman. As they climbed the stairs they felt someone watching them. When they reached the tomb, Lalaith raised her left hand to touch the body.

"Don't dare to lie a finger on her." Someone whispered in her ear and put a dagger on her neck. Lily jumped from the stairs and drew her sword out of the scabbard. "No no no. You are not going to do that." The person behind Lalaith said. He dragged her with her and stepped down from the tomb.

"Tulkas, what is going on here?" A girl's voice echoed in the chamber as she entered in.

"Hiril, we have found some thieves. Thinking of calling father." The boy named Tulkas said. As he moved forwards Lily looked at his face. His eyes were red and hair brown. She then realized that they were vampires. She put her sword back in the scabbard and put her right hand on her left shoulder and lowered her head in respect. Tulkas looked at her with confusion and lowered his dagger. "Who are you and how did you found us?" He asked pushing Lalaith forwards. Lalaith turned and looked at him.