16: Lady Of The Red Forest, Queen Of The Riders

They ran silently towards the city. "Lily, you, Rose and Shisen will go into the left streets with half of the army. We will take the right." Lalaith called to her and on the beginning of the city they parted. They ran as fast as they could, killing enemy soldiers on their way. They stopped in front of the palace, where Lalaith's group was already waiting for them. Lalaith looked up at the palace. I will take it back from them, Curunir. It was yours to rule. She thought and looked behind. "Here we will strike them and confuse them. Today is our day!" She exclaimed in a commanding voice and the army raised a war cry, alerting the people and soldiers inside the palace. Lalaith also turned towards the palace and raised her sword over her head she shouted, "Charge!!!" And she ran forwards, everyone else following her. They killed the guards on the doors and ran inside the hall. Their Lalaith stopped and looked at one of the black dragon. His hair black and his eyes of ebony colour. Behind him stood his army. He smiled and drew his sword.

"What a surprise. Not good for me. You all will die here." He said and raised his sword in both his hand. Lalaith looked at the weapon and gasped. Its blade was pure black and its hilt was a serpent. It was one of the cursed weapons, which her beloved friend has made.

"Pelendur, we need that weapon to kill him. You will attack him with me. Others will fight on their own." She whispered to Shadow, who nodded and they moved forwards, taking their steps carefully. Slowly they started running and soon covered the distance between them and the black dragon. Shisen looked at them and charged leading the army with him. The enemies also moved forward and both the armies collided. Black Dragon raised his sword and moved towards Lalaith and Shadow. Lalaith swung her sword and tried to hit on the hips of the dragon, but he blocked it and pushed her away. Taking the opportunity, Shadow aimed towards his heart, but the dragon was as fast as him. The black dragon blocked his attack and pushed him away with force. Lalaith stood up and put her sword back in the scabbard. She moved her hand over her shoulders and drew out two daggers. She looked around her army before attacking and then she ran forwards and attacked him again. From one dagger she aimed for his side and with the other she aimed for his leg. He blocked her attack on his side but failed to block her other attack. And Lalaith put cut his leg and he screamed with endless pain. She drew back from him and Shadow moved forwards and raised his sword aiming for the dragon's chest.

"Shadow the sword. We need the sword. He won't die like that." Lalaith shouted and looked at Shadow, killing an enemy soldier behind her. The black dragon blocked his attack and pushed him away with such force that he fell on his back. He heard Lalaith's shout and looked at the dragon. He was holding his sword above him, ready to kill Shadow. Shadow grabbed him sword, which was lying beside him and moved it towards the black dragon's chest and this time he succeed. Taking the chance Lalaith moved forwards and snatched the cursed sword from him. She raised the sword over her head and circled where she was standing, activating the power of the sword. Then she stopped facing the black dragon and pointed the sword towards him. She moved forwards and put the blade of the sword through his heart. The black dragon shirked and moved away from them, but Lalaith left the sword on its place. Shadow pushed himself on his feet and looked at the black dragon, as he turned in ashes. The army under his command moved away and dropped their weapons on the ground and ran away. Lalaith fell down, unconscious. Shadow grabbed her and took her in his arms.

"Stop the soldiers and kill them. I will take her to a room. Hurry and go." He commanded to Lily, Shisen, Rose and Telchar. They nodded and ran out of the hall, climbed down the stairs and into the city. They chased them till they reached the trees.

"Stay here. I will take them." Rose said and stopped others by raising her hand. Shisen looked at her with confusion and exchanged looks with Lily. Rose, you are queen of that forest. A true queen. The trees will listen to your call. Rose remembered the words Lalaith said before attacking the Forest. Without listening to anyone she ran forwards and leaped into the air. She landed on her feet between the enemies and looked at them. All of the soldiers stopped dead and drew their knives. Rose raised her arms at her side and released her powers. The forest started trembling, like it was alive. Everyone present their looked at each other with shock and fear. Shisen and Lily looked at each other and smiled. "I will not let you pass. You took my home from me. And now you shall die." Rose said to the enemy soldiers and clapped her hands together in front of her. Suddenly the roots and stems of the trees moved and attacked the soldiers and killed the in a very grossly manner. The blood drops flew into the air and the atmosphere ranged with the screams of the soldiers.