Late Night Visits (Uta x Reader)

"Kaneki... I think I'm not supposed to be here." You commented, hiding behind Kaneki.

You were inside a mask making shop. Kaneki was your friend from Anteiku and you we're the only human to know that he's a ghoul.

"I'm sorry (Name)-san, but Touka scolded me and I ended up dragging you here." He said feeling embarassed.

You sighed and went in the shop behind Kaneki. "Uta-kun, it's Kaneki." Kaneki chimed as he went inside the shop.

A guy with jet black hair and red eyes went out from the office and greeted Kaneki.

"Oh? A new girl Kaneki? Or a friend of yours?" He asked as he sat on the counter.

"Ah, this is (Name)-san. A friend of mine from Anteiku." He replied with a smile.

"Oh. A human it seems. A very breath-taking one." He said and smiled at you warmly. Your face went red and returned a smile.

He and Kaneki spent an hour repairing his old mask, while Uta kept asking you questions to get to know you better.

"Thank you Uta-kun! I thought it would never get repaired." Kaneki said with a bright smile.

"Anything for my best customer. It was nice being able to know you (Name)-San." He said with a warm smile and kissed your hand.

"See you soon Uta-kun." you said with a heart-warming smile that made Uta felt human once more.

The two of you went out the shop. Kaneki thanked you for accompanying him and offered to take you home.

"Oh, no need Kaneki. I'm okay by myself. And I'm dropping by a different coffee shop to buy my usual coffee. Thanks again." You said and bid goodbye as the two of you went in seperate ways.

While walking down the alley, you felt someone following you. You kept looking behind to see nothing and fastened your pace.

Shit, what if some ghouls saw me in that shop? I'm doomed. You thought as you ran inside your coffee shop.

You ordered your usual latte and sat there to calm yourself by reading a book Kaneki recommended.

After a few hours, you left the cafe and went home safely.

You took a bath, ate dinner, brushed your teeth, like the usual routine you do every night. And went asleep.

You woke up in the middle of the night with a jolt and saw Uta beside your bed, eyes widened by the sudden surprise.

"U-uta?! W-what are you doing in my room?!" You asked as sweat beads race down your face.

"Well.... I was passing by and heard familiar whimpers. I climbed up here and saw you having a nightmare. So I opened the window and tried to calm you." He said recalling what he did.

He wiped your tears that was cornering in your eyes after the nightmare and kissed your forehead.

"Do you always get nightmares (Name)-San?" He asked with concern in his blood red eyes.

You nodded like a child. He hugged you and kissed your hair.

"I'll come by every night just to make sure you wake up happily." He said and smiled at you.

Uta stayed there the whole night, beside you, humming his favorite song till you fell asleep.

By the next morning, he was nowhere to be seen and a letter was left by the bedside table.

I'll drop by later ~Uta

You smiled and fixed your bed.

After that night, he kept visiting you and made it his usual routine. You didn't mind since you felt safe around him. Now the two of you lie in bed as he hummed his usual song.

"Uta-kun?" You called out to him as he caressed your hair.

"Mmh?" He hummed.

"Why is it that eating me never crossed your mind?" You asked out of the blue.

He chuckled and lifted your face to make it face him.

"It's because its a waste to eat something so beautiful and precious. And why would I eat something I love?" He said with a playful smirk.

You blushed and hugged him. "Thanks Uta." You mumbled as you slowly fell asleep in his arms.

He pecked your lips and caressed your sleeping face.

"I would never let anyone harm you, my angel."