Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of a machine beeping, I felt sore and my eyes were strained. After blinking a few times I greeted with a white wall, I look to my right and sees an Iv and a heart machine. I groan at the thought of yesterday when I remember Micheal. I push the button to get the nurse and a few minutes later he walks in with a tray. He hands me a small white cup with two pills and a cup of water. I take the pills and drink the water. He left and came back to take the IV out my hand. Then he smiled down at me, "The pain should ease up soon with the pain pills. I held back the urge to roll my eyes, like how old does this guy think I am. "How bad was I?" He walked over to grab my chart. "You have a concussion, 2 cracked ribs, and a sprung wrist. The rests are small cuts and bruises." Honestly, I was surprised I had little injured, " Wow, I thought I was way worst, guess not." He just looked at me weird and then asked, " Why'd you help that boy anyway, I mean you're just a girl." That made my blood boil, "Excuse me? I am not 'just a girl' and plus if it was me I would've wanna someone to help me too. Besides if I was just a girl would I do this." And with that I punched him in the gut and ran to the stairs, carefully going down to the second floor. When I got there the first place I went to lost and found and grabbed a random dress. After I put it on I went on the search for the cafeteria, after following all the signs I found it. After I got a simple turkey sandwich I sat at an empty table. Halfway through eating, I saw the nurse from earlier and he sat at the table. "What's wrong with you kid?" I looked at him and smirked, "I'm perfectly normal." Then he smiled, "My name is Patrick, and you my friend is a patient I've never had before." Grabbing my food I say, " Sorry I'm not your usual fragile girl that needs to be taken cared of." Then he chuckled, "No I mean, I've never met a girl who was so fragile that she acts like she doesn't need to be taken cared of." I was gonna fire back when he said, "Oh also, you're mom is looking for you upstairs." With that in mind, I ate the last of my food and ran upstairs. When I got to the room my mom was sitting on the bed, she looked up to meet my eyes. "Hey, mom, ready to go home?" She got up and pulled me into a hug, she whispered this so low but I heard her, " How can you be so strong but more damaged than your sisters." I knew my mom blamed herself for the accident and who I became after that. So I pulled away and grabbed my bag. "Let's go", and I followed her downstairs where she started filling out the discharged papers. Two young kids came to the desk and asked for something that shocked me big time. "Excuse me, but in what room is Micheal in?"