epilogue

tyler's point of view

"chelsea, that's too tight," i complain and she loosens the tie.

"you're fine, tyler," she smiles at me and kisses my cheek, "you look great."

"what if he changes his mind?" i look down at my black shoes and chelsea's heels.

"tyler."

i look back up and she has her arms crossed over her chest. "what?"

"shut up. come on, let's go get you married," she smiles at me and takes my hand, leading me out of the dressing room.

she has agreed to walk me down the aisle, since my parents obviously weren't up for the task.

she walks all the way up with me, and then stands aside when we reach the end.

its a very small wedding, a few friends, a few family members. josh's little cousin macy sits in the front, and his sisters sit next to her. macy waves at me and i smile back at her.

the minister reads his spiel, but im lost in the moment, in josh. when i hear my name, i zone in again and look at him.

"do you, tyler robert joseph, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"i do," i look back at josh and my eyes well with tears.

he smiles widely at me and the minister repeats the question

josh's eyes are still locked with mine, and he reaches out to take my hand. "i do."

we slide our rings on and then josh immediately pulls me into his arms and kisses me. cheers erupt from the small crowd, and he holds my hand to lead me back across the room.

we meet everyone for the reception, and i refuse to let josh shove cake in my face, but i smear icing all over his anyway.

we sit at the head of the table and everyone sits around, talking and enjoying their food.

across the table, chelsea is smiling at one of our old high school friends. i see the girl say something and chelsea blushes, brushing her hair behind her ear.

i point this out to josh and he winks at chelsea, who flips him off when she notices.

after we eat, josh and i step onto the dancefloor. a song begins to play and we dance.

"i love you, husband," my words are hushed and i lay my head on his shoulder.

he's soft and warm and familiar and everything ive ever wanted. after everything ive been through, im so lucky to have found someone who truly understands me and isn't afraid of it.

someone who accepts my faults and kinks and feelings.

someone who knows that my heart is made of glass.

and someone who knows just how to hold it so it doesn't break.

"i love you, husband."

the end (for real this time)