Chapter 1 - The Big Reveal

Tears dribbled down her cheek onto her lips and she could taste the salt from her agony. However, she didn't wipe away her pain but let it fuel her reason of why she was sitting in her bedroom alone. Graduation was a mere few weeks away, and the infamous clique six would be broken up as they attend different universities. Fingers trembled as she fingered the lace trim of her skirt and she gripped the cotton as her body racked with sobs. Sobs caught into her throat when she heard her door slam open and an affectionate laugh filled the room.

She could see him with a pale green bowl filled to the rim with cereal and a sweet smile. However, the smile quickly faded as their eyes met. He quickly strode over to where she sat at the bay window. The green bowl spilled milk onto the dusty rose cushions and he pulled her into a warm tight embrace. Weeps enclosed the room as it boomed off the walls and onto the two. She trembled within his arms and he placed his chin on top of her chocolate hair to subdue the pain she was feeling.

He quieted her, but she gripped his neck tighter and pulled him into her arms. Taken aback by her actions, he pulled her onto his lap and let her curl into a ball. He didn't expect this, she was always in a great mood and if she was sad she tucked it away with her dreams. They never have been this physically close, they were best friends, but the kind that you had because you saw them five times a week. Having her crumbled, she'll within his palms made him realized that she had to trust him. Her soul burst from the seams of her skin and he could see how fragile she was.

Shallow breaths were the only sound that could be heard as she sniffled away her sadness. He didn't realize how tight he was gripping her in his arms until she squirmed so she can look at his face. Pink tinted nose, paired with ruby red bloodshot eyes sprinkled with the glitter of her pain. Shadowed swirls painted her cheeks and he thumbed a tear that escaped.

"What's wrong?"

His voice clouded with worry and he cleared away his own emotions for her. Her mouth opened and closed a few times, but she couldn't spill the words out. A malicious tongue twisted and locked away the words however she persisted.

"Is it because we are graduating? I mean its okay, you know. We are all going to stay in contact." He whispered as she shook her head.

She grabbed his hand and he could feel his heart race from her soft touch.

"I made a mistake."

Her voice wavered but he caught it quickly when he squeezed her hand to reassure her that he would be there.

"What happened?"

She hesitated and didn't speak instead she interlinked their fingers. His palm began to sweat and trembled from her touch. They were never this intimate, they've hugged, they've danced together, and they even squeezed together in the back of his old used Jeep to watch outdoor movies in the park. This was all new to him, he was taken back by all of her small movements. He just came over to work on their final project, so they could trade it in for their royal blue cap and gowns.

"What mistake?"

"I'm pregnant." Her voice small but strong.

Brown eyes popped open with amazement and he leaned back to study her face. His reaction to her news she recoiled her fingers from him, but he grabbed her wrist to stop her. Shocked by his movement and looked at his smiling face which beamed excitement.

"Congrats!"

Her eyes widen and she began to tremble once more. He knew that wasn't the answer she was expecting by the gloom swimming in her eyes. Her lips trembled and the words came pouring out of her in heaps of snivels and gasps.

"I can't tell him, he won't go to school! You know this Zay! What am I going to do! If Lucas finds out, he will be stuck like I am with this problem. I can't do this alone. I don't know what to do." She sobbed.

"You won't be alone Riles, you have me. I am here for you. Always." He said and eloped her into his embrace once more.

She finally crumbled into him and the two fell asleep in that position. It wasn't till her parents untangled their limbs and words that they knew what happened. Disappointed but helpful were Topanga and Cory even when they pleaded with their daughter to talk to Lucas. Instead Riley hugged Lucas one last time before sending him off to Texas A&M with intentions to disappear into the shadows. Except one sliver of light seeped through by the name of Isaiah "Zay" Babineaux.

If only they knew what was going to come, if only.