1. INTRODUCTION OF THE STORY OF PROPHET YUSUF (Joseph) - [Surah Yusuf 12:1-3]

1. Alif. Lam. Ra. These are the ayahs of the Clear Book.
2. Surely We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an so that you may understand.
3. We narrated onto you the best of narratives by revealing to you this Qur'an and you were before this of the unaware.

Allah begins this surah by mentioning some letter of Arabic language, we don't know the exact meaning of these letters because Allah and His Messenger never told us its meaning.

Allah (swt) refers to the Quran here as the “Clear Book”. It means that the Quran is a Clear Book which is easy to understand and it gives a Message that is clear for all to understand. It calls on all mankind to worship and serve their Creator. It gives examples of those in the past who fulfilled this responsibility and it gives examples of those who failed. It tells of the reward that awaits the former of these groups and of the punishment that awaits the later. It tells us about Allah (swt) and why He (swt) deserves our worship and servitude. Finally, it gives us the laws and the guidelines on how we can perform this worship and servitude. This is the basic Message of the Quran. The Quran is a clear Book in that anyone who
reads it with sincerity will be able to get this Message.

Allah (swt) is emphasizing for us that it was He (swt) Who has sent down the Quran. This Quran is from Allah (swt). There is absolutely no doubt about this fact. Allah (swt) has revealed this Quran in Arabic Quran is so that we may understand. All of the other languages in which the previous scriptures were revealed are now dead. People do not speak Aramaic or Sanskrit anymore,  but the Arabic language today is still alive, it is still spoken by many in the way that it was spoken when the Quran was revealed. It also gives us the message of the importance of learning Arabic language so we understand Qur'an and it's message better.

Even though all the stories in the Qur'an are the best, but the story of Yusuf is the best of all of these stories. Allah mentions that before the revelation of this surah you O Muhammad (PBUH) didn't know the story of Yusuf. The story of Yusuf is a guide to Allah as there are examples in this story of those people whom we must strive to emulate and there are examples in this story of those people whom we must strive to avoid. If we take the lessons from such role models and try to apply them in our lives then Insha Allah we will be guided to the Pleasure of Allah (swt).

These three verses set up the story. The story begins in the fourth verse. In sha Allah we'll learn about the story from next update