46. LAST PART-A GUIDE AND MERCY FOR PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE [Surah Yusuf 12: 111]

111. Most surely there has been in their stories a lesson for those of understanding. It is not a story that has been invented, but it is a fulfillment of that which came before it, and an explanation of every single thing, and a guide and a mercy for a people who believe.

📝In this last ayah of this beautiful Surah Allah tells us that in the stories of these messengers there is a lesson for people of understanding. There is a benefit in their stories. What is this benefit?
The benefit in these stories is that they bring us closer to our Lord. So Allah is telling us that in the stories of these messengers, like Yusuf (AS), there are lessons that we can take, and should we learn these lessons and then base our lives on that knowledge, then through this emulation, we can come closer to Allah (swt). So for example in this Surah, we saw Yusuf (AS) face several different situations. If we can behave just like Yusuf (AS) when such situations come before us, then we can come closer to Allah through that. Restraint at times of temptation. Patience at times of adversity. Steadfastness and courage in dawah. Gratitude at favors and bounties. These are just a few of the lessons that we have learned from this Surah so far. In all of these, we can emulate the noble prophet Yusuf (AS), and we can draw closer to our Lord through that emulation.

But note how Allah (swt) says that such lessons are only for those of understanding. Those of intellect and reason. Those who understand the true nature of this universe. Those who recognize that they have a Creator and that they have a responsibility to please Him (swt). Those who want to be guided and those who want to learn the lessons. These are the people who will benefit from these stories.

       Finally ,

Allah says about this Quran “It is not a story that has been invented.” What do you think about this Quran? What do you think about the story of Yusuf (AS) that you just learned? Do you think that it was conjured up in the mind of some human being? Allah tells us clearly here that it has not. This Quran is not a story that has been invented or imagined by someone. It is not falsehood, but it is the Truth. A revelation from the Lord of all the worlds. Allah (swt) tells us clearly in this part of the ayah that this Quran has not been invented. So it is not a fabricated story, but rather it is the confirmation of all that came before it. Many were the Books that were sent down before this Quran. Many were the prophets and messengers who came before the Prophet (PBUH). This Quran is the confirmation and the culmination of all of the previous revelations that Allah (swt) has ever sent for mankind.

So before anything, first and foremost, you have to believe. You must believe with the deepest conviction that you can muster that this Message truly is from your Creator. If you have any doubts concerning this, then you will not receive this Guidance and this Mercy. So belief is the key. Belief with submission. Belief with conviction. So we see from this ayah what we have. We are on the same mission that Yusuf (AS) and the Prophet (PBUH) were on. We may not have direct revelation from Allah like they had, but we have this Quran. With this Quran, we have what will give us the strength to continue on this mission - mission of guiding people to the Straight Path. We have the guide (Quran) that will show the way. We have everything that we could ever need. If only we would turn to it. If only we would attach ourselves to it. May Allah (swt) give us the enabling grace because we cannot do it without Him (swt)!

All praise and thanks belong to Allah (swt), the tafsir and lessons of Surah Yusuf end here.

I mentioned in the middle of this series that this surah contains messages for all. Many of you were able to identify yourself with Prophet Yusuf's life. If you find yourself in place of Yusuf's brothers in the story of your life, then I ask Allah to remove the jealousy from your heart and bless you with a sincere and content heart. If you find yourself in the place of Ya'qoob (AS), I ask Allah to reunite you with your loved ones and make them the coolness of your eyes. If you find yourself in the place of Zulaykha, I ask Allah to bless you with halal, so you have no need for haram. If you find yourself in the place of the king of Egypt, may Allah bless you with more honor and power with Allah's pleasure. If you find yourself in the place of Aziz of Egypt, may Allah take care of all your needs. If you find yourself in the place of those wicked women of Egypt, I ask Allah to guide you and enable you to keep a watch on your tongue. If you find yourself in the place of Binyamin, I ask Allah to give you the love of a brother like Yusuf (AS). If you find yourself all over the place in this story then may Allah have mercy on you.

However, if you find yourself in place of Yusuf (AS), then I wish to meet you as Allah has honored you in an unimaginable way. There is no doubt that you are special to Allah and one of Allah's righteous servants.

May Allah honor us and raise our status in this life and the next just like He (swt) did with Yusuf  and those who emulated him.

I'lI ask Allah to accept this effort of mine done purely for His sake.
Aameen
Jazakallahu Khairan.

====================================
THE END