Chapter 5
Lunch box

The night sky is slowly fading. The glimmering stars began to hide. The morning sun is too far from rising. I didn't bother to close the curtains since that midnight and I'm only watching the amazing view on my peripheral vision. I couldn't have a proper sleep, guilty for what I did. ̶I̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶?̶ ̶D̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶?̶

White ceiling.

Was the only thing I'm constantly staring up to this moment.

I have this life-changing debate inside my mind and I've been arguing it with myself for god-knows how many hours:

a. Avoid him until our situation cools down.
b. Approach him first then apologize.

I immediately get up in my bed, firmly made the decision which I think is right, which is more like less-cowardly, which is better: the latter option.

Standing in front of his room made me so hesitant. (I'm so sure that this could be his room because this is only the vacant one before.) All I did was blewing up some air, letting out my nervousness whilst facing the pastel orange paneled door. I did a soft knock, still hesitant.

God, Jisoo! It's too early to apologize! You could do it on another time of the day. Why this early? Do you think he would be awake around this time? ̶D̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶p̶o̶l̶o̶g̶y̶?̶ Pabo.

Gathering up all my courage, I knocked on the door that enough for him to hear and not disturbing the other people. The door didn't open. Ofcourse, he's still sleeping. Aish! I'm a really fool for doing this.

Unknowingly, I turned the door knob and it suddenly open. It's either he didn't lock on purpose or he simply forgot it to. Well, the door only swung a bit, showing me Taehyung tosses a baseball up and then catching it whilst absently-minded staring at the white ceiling.

What was he thinking? was I about to ask.

He suddenly gazed at my direction.

He shotted me a cold stare.

I c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ slammed the door in surprise. My hands began to tremble for no reason. Another Kim Taehyung effect on me. The door opened. I was taken aback for a moment but I really tried to make myself look reserved. As if my system wasn't entirely shookt. I did not practice acting for no reason.

"Why are you here?" He asked coldly that sent shivers to my body.

"To greet you. We're friends, right? Anyway, enjoy your stay here, okay? Good morning!" I flashed an artificial sweet smile, to conceal the tension within me. Damn, that wasn't your original line! You are supposed to apologize! What happened?

He faked a laugh.

"Do you even think we're friends after that?"

I didn't know what to react. I looked at him instead. My stare was blank as the long sized bond paper. Empty. But behind that was the trepidatious feeling.

Please Taehyung-ah, don't kill me with those dagger eyes.

1

2

3

4

5

For five seconds, we made an eye contact. No one was blinking. After that, he slammed the door. Harder than what I did. I looked away, slightly shaking off my head as I head back to my room, feeling disappointed.

Seven in the morning when everyone's up. I could smell the kimchi fried rice cooked by my Aunt. I could hear the fussing of people outside my room with one popular name, Kim Taehyung. Perhaps, they're greeting the new boarder. After that incident, I've figured it out he was the man my cousin referring to.

"Oh Jisoo, have you greeted Taehyung-ssi yesterday?" My cousin, Wacko asked and gave Taehyung and I a glance.

"Yep, and besides we're already friends. Right, Tae tae?" I teased, emphasizing the word friend. I grabbed a spoonful of rice and shove it in my mouth, followed by eating the remaining Samgyetang on my bowl.

I watched his reaction (he's sitting in front of me). He scoffed, disbelieving on my words. I smirked in silent.

No one could halt my confidence.

Taehyung wasn't a cold guy. I watched how does he interact with the people this morning, I must say that he was warm with them. He's even good at social interactions. Whilst his treatment of me was different. This breakfast, I acted as if I'm no different with them. What's the term again? Ah, blending! I blended myself with the others.

"That's good to hear!" My aunt reacted whilst finishing her food. Wacko didn't utter a thing, thinking for a question to ask.

"Ne eommo-nim, Jichu gave me a warm hug ̶o̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶k̶ last night that I c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶i̶e̶ couldn't breathe." Taehyung said cutely to my aunt. He shotted me a glare afterwards which I replied with a sly smile.

"Thank you for the meal." He said as he finished his meal and bowed politely to my aunt and uncle. He glance at me and gave me a one last cold stare before leaving.

"Jizany! Something's must going on, majji?" Asked Wacko, pertaining to Taehyung and I. The other boarders already left the house and my relatives are relaxing on the living room. The only left in the dining room is me, Wacko and Sojin unnie, a long time boarder in this house.

I shrugged my shoulders. I don't know.

"Are you perhaps..." Sojin unnie tensed, "Dating? Did I just glimpsed a lovers' quarrel earlier? HEOL!" She said whilst wriggling her eyebrows. She exchanged her glance with Wacko oppa, "That's what I was going to say..." Wacko said then they did a high five and laughed, teasing me in unison.

"YAAAH! IT'S NOT LIKE WHAT YOU THINK! YOU'RE DRIVING ME CRAZY AISH!" I screamed defensively. They continued it until they left the house.

I heard my aunt shouting out my name whilst I'm preparing my things on my room.

"Ne, ommonim?" I asked as she entered the my room, handing me a lunch box.

"That kid, Taehyung, left his lunch box. Kindly give it to him, arraseo?" 

"Ne." I said and accepted the lunch box. She nodded at me and left.

A thing came up to my mind. Nice timing!