Series 3: The White Stag

After a quick nap within Haku's coiled up body, they began cleaning up and preparing to head out again, however, as she looks around she couldn't help but notice how beautiful everything is. She sighs, and looks around in curiosity and contentment, now that they were back in the spirit plains and finally out of any demons grasps they didn't have to be as careful and on edge anymore. Haku prefered to fly, she knows that but she can't help but be curious about discovering things in the foreign world around her, on the ground.

Sure flying was great she loved the feel of the wind in her hair and his scales and mane brushing against her skin, but seeing things in a bird's eye view was vastly different than exploring on the ground, there could be so much out there that she never knew. Yes, it might be a bit more risky, who knows what the might bump into or find but that there was the point, she can't shake her curiosity and need for a new sense and different type of adventure...

She looks back at Haku who had just transformed into his dragon form seeing the stray scales drifting away in the wind, seeing her looking at him he tilts his large head to the side regarding her with quizzical eyes. She smiles at her dragon and makes her way to him giving his ears a little rub which was replied with a soft vibrating purr from his throat, when she awkwardly stops he tilts his head again and then bops his snout into her stomach and the then gestures to his long sleek back before speaking up in her mind.

"Whats wrong love? Aren't you going to hop on? We need to get going, we cant stay here forever...you seem to be deep in thought about something" he then gives a throaty chuckle in his dragon form "whats going on in that mischief-making mind of yours?" he asks regarding her in curiosity and amusement.

She shuffles a foot in the dirt awkwardly and sheepishly smiles at him "I was wondering...what do you think about hiking Haku? I know you prefer flying because it's faster and more convenient but... I don't know...for some reason I want to travel by foot...its not that I don't like flying with you it's just that well...I feel that there is so much in the spirit world that I obviously don't know, and I'm curious...I want to learn more about the spirit world first hand and close up, I want to explore and discover things that we can't in the air" she explains bashfully.

She feels Haku's surprised stare and she fidgets under his gaze then suddenly there was a barrage of white pearlescent scales falling off his body as he transforms into his handsome human form. She looks up to see him regard her with curious eyes, however also wary, she knows how protective he is of her, so she wouldn't be surprised if he said no.

"Chihiro...It is not that I dislike hiking, it's just...I don't know, its safer up in air and I want to keep you safe, besides we need permission to pass through, especially me I'm a dragon so other spirits tend to feel threatened by my kind, I just don't know if its a good idea...not to mention not all spirits like humans... there might be a chance of walking into trouble" he explains sincerely tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

She pouts in disappointment "cant we at least try?? It might be fun...please... at least only for a little while?? Or a day...just one day, 24 hours, and if there is any danger you can just fly us away" she pleads giving him the eyes he knows he melts for.

Haku sighs and narrows his eyes, she could see his cogs turning in his brain. He looks back up at her unsure at her expression and then looks around and then bites his lower lip as he softly asks her to wait there. He stalks off to a tree in the direction we need to go and closes his eyes as he places his hand on the tree.

'What on earth is he doing??? Talking to trees??' She thinks to herself.

Suddenly he makes his way back to her and she can't help but look at him puzzled, he gives her a small smile and stops in front of her.