Chapter 2; Fake Kindness

Noah: hideout? hideout!!!! what are u talking about?!
Me: well, nevermind if u guys dont wanna go to the hideout. only me and addy
Marty: alrite, well come to ur hideout
Me: great
Addy: (;-;)

I laughed as I saw what Addy put. Addy said I was her best friend ever since Alice and Lexxi, her first two BFFs started hanging out with Marielle more than her. Suddenly, my phone beeped.

Sir David: Hideout? Whats this hideout?
Me:read our txts

I took a deep breath and went downstairs to eat dinner.
***Time Skip***
     It was finally Monday, and everyone said that their services would pick them up by the park. So, me and my classmates went to the park after school.
     "Where's the hideout, then?" Kyle said, peering around.
     "Don't play dunb, you all can see the tree with the entrance." I said. Me and Addy ran to the tree and came in, not caring that the others were hoof-hoof-poofing behind our backs.
     Everyone likes the treehouse. France was endlessly, babbling about his "cool" cottage.
     "It's amazing that you all are amazed by this treehouse. After all, you guys can come in my very own mini-cottage with its second floor and-" France babbled.
     "France?" I said.
     "Yeah?" He said.
     "Can you please shut up?" I said, narrowing my eyes at him. He sighed. Hopefully he wouldn't start bragging about his awesome cars and Ferari toys.
     I looked around. I imagined hanging frames of the Grade Five over here.
     "Mauddie?" Addy said, snapping me out of my daydream, "What are you thinking of? Um, can you please tell the others to not make me give them a tour in this treehouse?"
     I knew she was sarcastic, but I did anyways.
     "Wow, this is amazing," Baxter said, looking around, "We're lucky you're a kind enough girl to share this with us, Mauddie." He grinned at me. I snorted in laughter.
"Yeah, but I'll take it back if you embarass me again," I giggled, poking him.
Marty was looking around. She saw me and grinned. "Nice space, Mauddie. I shall invite you over at my place if you want. Let's invite the others too?"
"Yeah. The whole class" i smiled.
I wasnt joking, but Marty burst out laughing. "Shut up! I'm only inviting you, Alice, Lexxi, Marielle, Noah, Marry and Ice! I can't invite everyone, Mauddie."
"Well, why can't you invite Addy? I know that you're a very friendly and kind girl, but you never act this kind, Marty. Not to offend you, but maybe you're just acting like this because I was the one who discovered the treehouse. Addy discovered it too, you know?"
Marty snorted, then ignored me. What if I was right? What if people were just acting super kind to me and Addy just because they want us to think them as our BFFs, so that we'll tell them, "You can own the treehouse and design it anything you wish." Or what if they just want power over the treehouse?
I started getting a little droopy, but no one noticed. Just Baxter.
"What's wrong Mauddie?" Baxter asked me.
"Nothing..." I said, "Go explore the treehouse now.."
"You're obviously lying" he said.
"Well, it doesn't matter if I'm lying, because I wont tell you because its none of your buisness, is it?" I shot back at him, but he shot me back too.
"I'm your classmate, your friend, so it is my buisness. Now tell me or I'll anounce that you're upset,"
"Whatever," I said. But I told him anyways, "It's just that, I feel like the only reason why people are acting so nice to me is because they want me to think that I'm close to them, so that they'll have power over the treehouse."
"Not me. I'm just nice, right?" Baxter said, showing off.
"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes at him.