Chapter three

My high school is the most miserable place on earth. Nerds with glasses getting thrown around like rag dolls, cheerleaders gossiping about the latest drama between their clicks and the sweet smell of gym socks that have been left in someone's locker for too long.

Yet somehow it's my safe haven.

The high school is literally separated based on your categorization. That's how it works from the time you're a minor niner.

There's the jocks and the cheerleaders, sitting at the front of the round cafeteria. Then the music geeks, sitting with the rockers at the back. All of them have their own instruments. The nerds, the smart geeky kids, sit off to the side next to the trash cans, trying to stay out of the jocks way as much as possible. There's the neutrals, who couldn't give a shit about categorization. They settle wherever they want, as long as it's not with a group.

I sit with the jocks and cheerleaders. It's true, I shouldn't sit where I do, but having Jason as my boyfriend bumps me to the top of the food chain.

The girls aren't as bad as people think they are. They're actually really nice and really fun. They've included me in everything they do since I met Jason, they even let Darcey tag along.

There's other problems with my school to, like the fact that instead of four classes a day, there's eight. It's almost as bad as elementary school.

I walk into the cafeteria with Darcey right by my side, like every other day.

"Bella! Darce!" One of the girls calls, waving us over. Kate. She smiles, scooting over on the bench to make room for us. Darcey sits down next to her. But when I go to sit down, I'm pulled away.

"Oh no you don't," Jason murmurs. I laugh as he spins me around and pecks me on the lips. "Not until I get my hello kiss."

I can hear the girls sigh in jealousy as he passionately places his lips on mine, tightening his grip on my hips. I melt under his touch, letting him pull me closer. Any thoughts of him being abusive leave, as if they were never there.

Jason's cousin, Dean, makes gagging sounds behind me. Jason pulls back with a scowl, glaring daggers at his Dean.

"You can't give me one minute." He growls, kissing my forehead and letting me sit down.

"Now how can I when my cousins girlfriend is so hot that I'm jealous?" Dean chuckles. I roll my eyes and sit next to Darcey. Dean always jokes around with me, though he's like a brother to me.

Jason slaps Deans head lightly, earning a punch to the arm. In no time, Jason is pulled into the group of boys.

"I'm so jealous of you," Lucy, a blonde cheerleader says with dreamy eyes towards Jason. "You have them swarming you like your the last chicken wing on the night of the Super Bowl."

All of the girls laugh. Lucy is taken back by this, breaking out of her gaze.

"What?" She asks defensively. "You all know it's true!"

I place my hand on hers. Her eyes scan mine with an emotion I can't read.

"Please Lucy, you can have all of them. My eyes are only meant for Jason." I state, looking back to him. He smiles and gives me a small wave with his hand down.

"Oh my goodness." Another girl says. "But he's so cute! You guys are so cute!" Her voice goes high and squeaky, earning winces the other way from the rest of us.

"Danielle is so right." Kate leans on her elbow and glances at my boyfriend. "Your a lucky gal."

If only he didn't abuse me.