Chapter seven

I look back, gaping at the sight.

Noah has Darcey pinned against the ground, a knee on her stomach to keep her down. She screams, only to be cut off by Noah's hand. She squirms under him frantically, looking over to me with tears in her eyes. Never once in my life have a I seen Darcey cry.

Get out of there Isabella, don't you dare go back there. Dylan says with a growl. I ignore him, running back to Darcey.

My actions cause me to think fast. I lunge at Noah and take him to the ground without much thought. We roll across the grass, but I never touch the ground. When we stop, I'm on top, straddling his waist. I think quickly, bringing my fist down as hard as I can he moves his head to the side and grips my wrist, swinging us so he's in top of me.

"Bella!" Darcey yells, tears streaming down her face. Kyle holds her from behind while Cam holds a cloth in his. From here, I can smell the chemicals.

I knee Noah in the manhood and push him off of me. I sprint at Cam, only to have Tate pull me back.

"Mine" he growls in my ear. I ignore the tingles and shivers, fighting against his hold. He growls at my attempts, holding me tighter.

"Leave her alone!" I yell at Cam. Noah takes the cloth from him and leans close to Darcey.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he murmurs to her. I let a tear run down my cheek. He grips the back of Darcey's head gently. She sobs and looks to me, terrified. "Be a good girl and take a breath." He sets the cloth to her nose. She holds her breath for as long as she can, her eyes watering even more. I grit my teeth and fight against Tate's hold.

After twenty seconds, she takes a breath, falling limp into Kyle's arms. Noah takes her gently and places her in the backseat of the truck. I let the tears fall from my eyes in terror.

They just killed my best friend.

That's the only thought that I can muster. They killed my only friend, they killed Darcey.

"Let me go!" I yell, sniffling as I try to kick Tate.

"Mine" he growls again, setting his head in my neck. I feel like vomiting.

"You stupid hybrid!" I yell to him. "My mate is Dylan, not you!" I scream. The comment causes him to let me go. His eyes are black, his hands in fists so tight that his knuckles go white.

"What do you want?!" I yell, backing up from him.

Tate shakes his head, lunging at me. I dodge his attack, running towards Darcey's car.

Cam blocks me off, standing in front of me. I turn and try to go back, but Kyle blocks me too.

"What do you want with me?" I ask as more tears stream down my face.

Isabella! I'm on my way Princess! Dylan says through the link.

Please hurry. I think to him. Please hurry Dylan.

"Stop talking to him" Tate growls. I shake my head and hug myself.

"What do you want from me?" I repeat. "Why won't you let me go?" I fall to my knees, shaking in fear. I can't handle the stress, the confusion, the anger.

I don't understand. Tate keeps saying mine, like Dylan had to me in the hallway. It was because I'm Dylan's mate, so why would Tate be saying the same thing? Wolves can't have more than one mate, it's not possible. Dylan made sure I knew that.

"Your mine" Tate growls, eyes dark. I scoot back to Darcey's front porch and burry my face in my knees. I'm not Tate's, I'll never be his. I'm Dylan's.