Lisa

Lisa

Four letters, but it means so much more to me. So much that a diary would be filled by just describing how I felt when I first met her. All those words to describe it will probably just be kept in my mind. But to give you a glimpse, I will share a portion.

*

She was first and foremost a crush.

I first "met" her in a not so ordinary day. I was a sophomore in college. Still very conscious about my grades and so I'm pretty much a regular in a coffee shop near our university. I would just chill and study my lectures during my vacant periods. The shop was kinda packed with students that day and I was sitting alone in my table when Lisa approached me and asked me if was ok for me to share the table with her. Lisa. Yes I know her. But she probably didn't know me. She's popular in our department because she's a member of our university's dance company. She's popular with both boys and girls. She's a social butterfly from what I've observed.

"Uhm, excuse me.. Is this seat taken?" I was a bit startled when I saw it's Lisa. I didn't know why but I kinda got shy maybe because she's popular and she's hella pretty.

"No, no" I stuttered while my hands automatically removed my bag occupying the opposite side of the table. Even if it was already obvious, she still asked me if she can share a seat with me and I nervously replied "sure".

Her scent, a mixture of pomegranate blossom, vanilla and sandalwood filled the surrounding. Damn she smelled good. She sat in front of me and opened her bag, got her notebook and a highlighter. She read her notes and highlighted words and phrases here and there. We sat there quietly for a good thirty minutes. To be honest her presence distracted me from actually understanding what I'm reading and so I just drank my cafe mocha and pretended to be busy. I've seen her a lot in class and during their group's dance performances but only now that I'm seeing her this close. She has a small porcelain face. Her lips are plump which was made more attractive by her lip gloss. Her eyes are round and tantalizing. Her brown hair fell perfectly to her bare shoulders passing through her clavicle that was emphasized by her off-shoulder top. Some stray hair landed on her nose. A beautiful sight to see.

She opened her laptop next then grabbed her earphones and plugged it in. Looked like she's about to watch something. She's tall so I can fully see her face and I can see she's very into whatever she's watching. I didn't know I was staring that long. It seemed like I got her attention because she looked at me. She raised her eyebrows and gave me that "are you saying something" look. I panicked and wasn't able to say a thing. I just froze and my eyes went a little wide. She probably got confused so she removed her earphones.

"Were you saying something?"

"No, no" I shook my head nervously. I wanted to face palm myself. Really? Another "no, no"?

I saw her smile a little. "Actually me, I want to say something" she said. Still nervous I replied "Huh? What is it?"

She turned her laptop to me and asked me "I can't really decide which choreo fits this song better, what do you think?" She then gave me the other ear of her earphones. I was stunned a little so I wasn't able to grab it immediately. I saw her facial expression changed quickly "Oh, I'm sorry were you busy?"

"No! No!" I answered swiftly in high pitched tone. She was startled at my response, she laughed at my sudden outburst.

"I mean, no I'm not busy" I repeated, shyly and calmly this time.

"You have a high pitched voice" she teased, her laugh was starting to die down.

"I know it's annoying" I answered in embarrassment.