part 5

"alright, Gideon. See if this is safe to give to Ray. For all we know, the witch could be trying to poison him. If it's good to go, fabricate it. " said Zari.
"right away, ms. Tomaz."
While Gideon was busy checking the cure, Zari started thinking about what it would mean for their relationship after the spell had been lifted. And there was no guarantee that the witch was telling the truth and Ray really did like her. How was she supposed to act around him now? Was she supposed to go on,not addressing the elephant in the room? Or did they have to talk about it? She always did hate being confronted about her feelings but knowing Ray, she knew she would have to, eventually.
She was deep in her thoughts when she heard a soft cough behind her.
"hey"said Nate, leaning against the door.
"oh hey. What's up? " she answered, clearing her mind.
"nothing. Any luck with the witch? " asked Nate.
"yeah, actually. She gave me a recipe for a cure. With any luck, Ray'll be back to his normal self in no time." she tried to sound happy about it but apparently Nate picked up on it
"that's great. Thought you'd be more excited though. "
"no,I am. It's just that... "
She was cut off.
"you don't want this to be over. You like him"
"I don't LIKE him. " she tried to defend herself and was met by an eyebrow raise from Nate.
She decided to tell the truth.

"ok, fine. I MAY like him,but it's never gonna happen. We're nothing alike! "

"if it's one thing I hate more than Damien Darhk it's people who really REALLY like each other, but think the other one doesn't like them like that! You two are so oblivious to the fact that you are both smitten with each other. So what if you're nothing alike? If couples were exactly like each other, they would have one boring ass relationship. Haven't you heard? Opposites attract. If you really like him, and I know you do, why not give it a shot? What's holding you back? " Nate said.
"nothing's holding me back. It's just that..... I don't know. Maybe I don't wanna be turned down. " she confessed.
"look, I'm his best friend and I'm telling you, he really really likes you. You guys should give it a go."
"I'm sorry for the interruption but I've determined that the cure is safe for ingestion and I've fabricated it as per your request. And might I add, I also think ms. Tomaz and Dr.  Palmer would make a beautiful couple. " said Gideon.
"than....thank you, Gideon. "Said Zari, sheepishly.
"see, even Gideon ships you two. " Nate was smiling.
"oh, shut up. " Zari was also smiling.
.......................................................................

"ok,Ray.drink this." said Zari.

"what is it?" asked Ray.

"just trust me.it's good for you."

"ok." he took the glass from her and drank the blue liquid at once.

"how do you feel?" asked Zari as he took the glass from him.

"fine,I feel fine." answered Ray.

"so,did it work?"

"yeah,it worked."