Welcome to Rainbow

Nighttime set over the Alaskan landscape, a small house big enough for two people could be seen in the valley below a small mountain. Smoke from the indoor fireplace could be seen leaving the chimney and a lone figure could be seen carrying more firewood into the house. As they opened the door a husky puppy greeted the figure as he walked in from the cold and snowy environment, he set the logs down and placed more logs inside to keep the fire going. He then removed his jacket and placed it on a hook in a closet near the door, the figure then heard his cell phone ring the number was unknown however he answered by saying "Who is this?" The person on the other end of the phone was Six the commissioner of Rainbow which was a team of the most highly skilled soldiers on the planet ranging from the SAS all the way the newest additions of both GROM and 707. She then said "Well is this how the legendary Solid Snake answers the phone?" Snake then said "that depends who's asking?" Six then said after a small pause "my name is Six and I'm looking to recruit you Snake to Team Rainbow, we are the most highly skilled group of warriors on the planet and we need your skill set for our team. What do you say?" Snake stayed silent and thought about a promise he made to his friend since Shadow Moses names Otacon.

(After Liquid was defeated)

Snake and Otacon along with Rat Patrol 01 were on their way back to their carrier ship that was heading back to Hawaii. Once they landed on the ship Snake was taken to the care center on board along with Meryl and Johnny after their battles aboard Arsenal Gear. Otacon followed his friend to the room and tried his best to keep Snake awake and alert for the medical staff, Snake then grabbed Otacon and said "I'll be fine Otacon check on both Johnny and Meryl for me.." he followed his friends order and went to their room, he walked in and saw both of them without their vests or shirts Otacon then said "sorry but Snake asked me to make sure you guys were alright." Meryl then said "Oh! Otacon didn't know you were there! Yeah we're alright what about Snake is he okay?" Otacon fixed his glasses and said "he should be alright I think he's seen worse injuries before remember he's been a tank for a while now I wouldn't be surprised if he was up and walking within a week!" Johnny Otacon and Meryl chuckled and said "yeah that's Snake for ya! Alright well thanks for the help and for checking on us." She then have him a small hug and winced at her ankle, Otacon held her up and said "take it easy for a while there Meryl." She then said while trying to be stoic "careful now I could give you this pain as well." He then said after being a bit nervous "s-sorry won't happen again!" He then helped her to a chair and he walked back to Snake's room after walking out of their room and closing the door behind him. Once he reached Snake's room he then saw Raiden their old partner from Big Shell and numerous times afterwards trying to stay upright after his battle aboard Arsenal. Otacon held him up and said shouting "I need some medics over here!! And hurry!!" Raiden coughed a bit and said "you haven't changed much have you Otacon?" He smiled at Raiden and said "nah but then again neither have you." Raiden laughed and winced at what he heard he then said "Thanks for keeping me off the ground." Otacon said before the medics took Raiden to a room "you're welcome." Otacon then proceeded to Snake's room hoping no one would stop him again, once he walked into the room he could see his old friend battered and bruised wherever possible and if that wasn't enough he also saw someone else in the room dressed as a doctor aboard the vessel posing a navy staff member. Otacon then said grabbing Snake's stun knife "who are you? And what are you doing here?" The figure then said holding his hands up "relax doctor Emmerich my name is Gustave Kateb but most call me Doc. I'm here under orders from my superiors to heal this man back to full strength as well as try to reverse his aging process." Otacon then said "how? We couldn't find a cure for it so how can you or your unit possibly have something for this?" Doc then said "that's because you never came to us Doctor. Now please relax I need to do my job so please sit down and get comfortable if I harm your friend in anyway other than removing bullets or shrapnel then you may attack me okay?" Otacon room a seat and watched Doc do his job. Kateb smiled and said "Merci." He then began to remove signs of shrapnel from Snake's body as well as take blood samples in order to know if he had anything in his blood that was causing any negative effects. Doc then used his radio and said "I need a two members of the squad to my location please." After a few minutes two operators from Rainbow walked into the room dressed in their usual attire one of them was codnamed Pulse he had a gadget that was designed to see a person's heartbeat from close range distances and the other was codenamed Blackbeard however he was then noticed by Otacon and said "Well if it isn't Hal Emmerich, how ya been there bud-Oh shit is that who I think it is?" Doc then said "yes it is I need you Black to keep watch on Doctor Emmerich and Pulse I want you to watch this man's heart for me if it stops I need to know understand?" Otacon then said "why do you need the both of them? I know what Blackbeard can do but why do you need Pulse? Snake's connected to machines to monitor that." Doc then said "well the machine keeps having issues so I needed Pulse to scan Snake's heart while I am working."

(1 hour later)

Doc finished working on Snake now cake the time to reverse Snake's aging or in Six's terms "save his life". Doc proceeded to inject Snake with one of his Stim Shots, this would not only heal snake but it would also slow or halt his blood loss. As he was doing this he could tell that Snake was stirring a bit however he was still resting. Doc then thought to himself (Don't wake up and attack mon ami I need to finish what I'm doing first.) he then injected Snake with a syringe filled with an off white liquid that would help Snake reverse his age back into his 30's or maybe a bit lower. As he was doing this he then said silently to Pulse "is he stable?" Pulse nodded and showed Doc the results since they started and said "hasn't changed since you started, he's a tough bastard." Doc then walked over to Otacon and said "alright Doctor your friend will be alright it was a pleasure to meet you and to help your friend. Give us a call if you need us again." And with that they all left the room Otacon then walked over to Snake and said "sorry about that old friend by the way I'm not sure if you can hear me but Meryl and Johnny are alright they may come by to see if you're alright as well. I have to help Mei Ling in the bridge I'll come by when we get a break or two." Otacon then walked out and began to walk towards the bridge.

(A week later)

Snake was on his feet after being forced to rest by the medical staff and his comrades however they began to notice something different about Snake to the point where he said "What's the damn problem? You keep staring at me like I have part of my face missing or something." Meryl then grabbed a mirror and said "well why don't you look for yourself if you don't believe us." Snake then looked at his reflection and said "what the hell? How have I reversed back to my 30's? Otacon tell me what the hell is going on here!" He then said "Snake a group of people from Team Rainbow were here one of them named Doc healed you and gave you something to reverse your aging process however I think he may have given you your life back. I think he halted the aging process and fixed it to where you can live a somewhat normal life" Snake then said "where is this Doc now?" Then as if on cue Doc walked in and said "Ah I could hear my name being called and my my it seems that what I did worked out well." Snake then grabbed Doc by the vest and said "what the hell did you do to me?" Doc grabbed Snake's hand and said "It's more like what did I do FOR you?" Snake sighed and said "well what do you want from me?" Doc paused and said "it's not what I want." He gestured at the door and in walked Six the leader of Rainbow, he finished his thought by saying "...its what she wants from you." Six then said with a file in hand and handed it to Snake "it's simple Snake I want you to join our organization and help us defeat this group of terrorists attacking our nation at its strong points. I'm sure you've seen them before? The ones with the white masks?" Snake then stopped and looked up at her and said "how do you know about them? What's their agenda?" Six then said "turn the page, that's all of our intel from our operatives on these terrorists." Snake then said after reading some of the intel "well I'm intrigued but not interested right now. Besides I plan on retiring after I leave here." Six then said "suit yourself but I will call you back someday when I need you." And with that both Doc and Six left the room which made Otacon say "please tell me you're not gonna join them?" Snake then said "why would I Otacon? I'd rather be retired than to fight someone else's battles."

(End of Flashback)

Snake then said after a minute "Where do I need to be?" Six then said "Hereford Base you'll be with a few of our operators while we use the base as a FOB. See you soon Snake. Oh one more thing." He then said "yeah?" Six replied after a pause "Welcome to Rainbow"