Chapter 7: Celebrity A**holes (sexual scene involved)

Adam's POV

I bite my tongue so I don't whistle out loud.

Blake's cousins Shayne and Marcel had already gotten out of Shayne's car, and they're now standing here holding hands, Shayne giving Blake and me an expectant look while Marcel looks around my large house, probably having never left his Oklahoma cottage. I smile widely, looking them up and down. Marcel has short, light brown and obviously curly hair, cropped evenly above his ears and short in the back and front. His eyes, which are still scanning my house, are the same blue as Blake's, which is why they looked so familiar. Marcel's mouth hangs open in awe when he finally looks at me. I turn to Shayne.

Shayne. She's pretty; she has long, wavy brown hair that turns to blond at the very bottom. Her grey eyes are dark but still seem to attract your gaze, a lot unlike Blake's. She wears a loose grey tank top with LA (coincidentally) on the front and blue Florida board shorts. Her skin is a little more tanned than Blake's, and it brings out the dark in her eyes. She's so pretty. The problem is, her eyes remind me of Gray's, not Blake's.

I swallow and say shakily, "Um, hi, guys. I'm Adam."

I can already see the distaste in Shayne's expression. She drops the two giant suitcases in her arms, and Marcel mimicks her, dropping his and crossing his arms. He looks at Blake, though, and can't help but smile.

Marcel quickly runs over to Blake, and jumps in the air. Without missing a beat, Blake scoops him up and holds him in his arms in a hug. It confuses me; wasn't Marcel born years after Blake left? Have they met before? Marcel plants a kiss on Blake's cheek before Blake sets him down, and Marcel turns to Shayne. "Shaynie! It's Blake!"

"I know." Shayne says, biting her lip. She raises her eyebrows at Blake. Blake stops smiling quickly. "Y'know, it took us four extra hours to get here, and then we had to wait an hour for you guys to even show up."

I shove my hands in my pockets. I feel out of place in this family reunion. Blake coughs, and then says the first thing he has since seeing them. "I'm sorry. We were uh... tending to my family business. What possibly took you four extra hours? Was the flight delayed or something?"

Shayne shakes her head, and then sighs. "You left out some important information!" She shouts at Blake, and then glances at me. "You never told me you were at this guy's house! I went to you and Miranda's and she had to give me directions, and she didn't really seem happy about it!"

Blake bites his lip and I know what's coming, and so does he.

"So I was just happy to run into you at the mall. Until you hit my car. And by the way, if you didn't know, she looks terrible. I mean, she's obviously spent a lot of time crying her eyes out. There's another guy there, too. He was the one who answered the door but I have no clue who he is. Blake! What the h*ll is going on? I know I haven't physically seen you in person since Marcel was born but I know you and her Blake, as does the rest of the world. I'm your family and you're too... what, scared? Scared to tell me what you've been doing? I know you aren't like this, Blake. You aren't just another stuck up celebrity... are you?"

When she's done, she picks up her luggage and sighs. Blake looks flustered, his cheeks red and his eyes obviously fighting back tears. He stops biting his lip to say, "I'm sorry that it's the first time you've seen me in ten years and I'm being a jack*ss." Blake pauses, and then continues. "A lot has changed."

Blake looks to me and I can see how hard he's fighting back tears. Probably because she mentioned Luke at Miranda's house, where she'd been crying. "Um, this is Adam." Blake motions to me, and I turn to Shayne to see that she's looking down, more at my shoes than at me. "Levine."