Chapter 5: Moments

(A/N: The YouTube link is the soundtrack to this chapter... I just thought it worked nicely with what they're feeling. :) )

Blake's POV

On the way home from Caleb's, Adam drove the motorcycle. I cling to his back, mostly because I think he's still mad at me for when he fell off on the way there and he is very capable of shoving me off. Either way, I'm not really in the mood anymore to drive. Unfortunately, now we have to pkay golf. I guess it's just something to get Miranda and Luke off my mind.

When we get to the golf course place, Adam and I park and set off. He gets us bags of golf clubs and golf balls. We go over to one of the short games, and find that there are only a few people today, but not on our course. We play a long and sweaty game, Adam ahead of me for a long while. He figured out I have no idea how to play golf, so at one point he puts his arms around me and helps me swing, his arms directing mine about where to go. I know the general stuff about the game, but I'm still not used to all of it. I mean, isn't having points above negative a good thing? No, apparently not. Which is why I'm losing.

Adam just laughs at me when I try doing it all by myself, so each time it's my turn he comes over and wraps his arms around me, directing my swing. Pretty much, he's playing against himself, because I don't see the point in me trying if he's just going to help me. I like it when he wraps his arms around me, though. Eventually, we come near the edge of the green and I can see a guy cleaning off to the side, fishing balls out of the river. He looks at us strangely and coughs distractedly when Adam wraps his arms around me again. He's obviously disturbed by us, so I shrug Adam off and raise my arms at him.

"Something wrong, buddy?" I ask, and he says quickly, "No, sir," and then after a long pause where nothing happens, Adam laughs, "What? Two guys in love can't play golf?"

I quickly turn to Adam, raising my eyebrows. The guy by the river has quickly returned to his job and Adam looks down at his club, smirking, getting ready to swing. "Um, Mr Levine? Did you just declare a love for me while playing golf in front of some homophobic dude who works here?"

Adam looks up at me without raising his head, still bent over over his club. "Maybe. Did you agree with it?"

As an answer, I lean over, pull his face closer and kiss him. He drops his club and leaps up into my arms so his legs are wrapped around my waist and his arms are around my neck. We stay like that for a while, kissing, smiling, and then laughing. I can't hold Adam for much longer, so we wobble and he jumps down, giggling. His giggle is one of the cutest things in the world.

Throughout the rest of the game, I actually try to beat him, but I'm not focusing on that. A whole lot of happy pop love songs just course through my brain, and I know it's not about Miranda; if I were thinking about her, it would all be sad. I'm sad, yes, but not as much. Right now, blood is pumping through my veins and when I look at Adam, and he looks at me, I know I don't regret doing what we did last night. I love him. I don't just love him, though -- and this is a problem, but -- I'm in love with Adam Levine.

On our way home, Adam is driving and I'm clutching onto his back, still overjoyed about what he said to that worker -- "Two guys in love can't play golf?" -- and last night whipping through my mind. Adam has no clue what he does to me, and I just hope he doesn't ruin it. But, as it goes, I'll probably be the one to ruin it; I mean, I do miss Miranda. If I had a choice? I don't know. At this point, I don't know.

When we get home and walk inside, it's already 8 p.m. Adam immediately pulls out his phone and sits on the counter, no doubt dialing up Michael's number. He presses a button on speed-dial and lifts the phone to his ear. "This m*therf*cker better pick up, or I'll kill him twice."