con artist!au | skz

i really didnt have a title for this lol

but i am thinking of making a part 2!! so,, stay tuned ig??

some inconsistencies bc of me Struggling and all that jazz :')

but yEs this au was actually quite fun to write so here ya go!!

(side note theres little mention of felix and woojin but i promise i'll put them in the next parts i swear D:)

---

"I'm sorry sir, I really can't make it today."

Chan feigned a grimace even though he knew the man on the other end couldn't see him. Perhaps he'd hear it instead. "I think I might've eaten something bad yesterday - but I suppose I could ask my friend to give me a ride -"

"No!" Chan's mouth curled up into a grin upon hearing the man's reaction. "That's fine, Byung Chan. You've done an excellent job this past month. Be sure to nurse yourself back to health soon; I'm sure the general atmosphere will feel a lot less - how to put this - intellectual without your presence. But if you could just send me that assignment from yesterday..."

"Of course. I'll have it handed in by noon."

"Perfect. Get better, Byung Chan."

The grin was still plastered on Chan's face when he hung up. Minho looked at him begrudgingly. "Well that's an awfully nice fellow. Don't you feel bad for conning him?"

Chan shrugged. "Being nice to your comrades doesn't condone your actions when you continuously rob innocent people of their fortune."

"Fair point." Minho sighed as he sifted through the series of scattered papers littered across the table; Chan recognized the one the boy was currently holding as the news article Woojin had printed for him to see the previous day. "Such a shame, though. I wish my boss was that nice."

"Hey! I'm that bad, am I?"

"I wasn't talking about you, jeez!" Minho quickly swerved to avoid the slap Chan had sent his way. "You're not the only undercover agent here, you know."

Chan raised his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, how could I ever forget our beloved Lee Know?" He said dryly.

"I'm honoured to be recognized by the almighty Bang Chan himself."

As Minho said this, the door to the office they were occupying opened, revealing a startled Jisung (likely due to Minho's sudden appearance; Jisung had been in this room just five minutes ago and Minho had had yet to appear then), a file tucked underneath his arm. "I hate to break the lovely conversation you two are having here, but here's the file you asked for, Chan."

"Just in time." Chan clicked his tongue in satisfaction. The sheaf of papers contained all the information they'd gathered on the man Chan had been talking to mere seconds before, and Chan's fingers were already drumming with anticipation at the thought of the heist they were to pull that evening.

Flipping through the pages, he noticed Minho's curious stance - eyes wide, leaning forward, hands in his lap. Chan couldn't help but note how similar he looked to an excited puppy; clearly he wanted to know what Chan was holding.

"This isn't even your case," Chan had said with a chuckle, making Minho frown.

"Who says it has to be my case for me to know what's happening? I don't know about you, but I prefer to have a wide range of knowledge on the criminals in our city." Chan rolled his eyes, but passed the sheets over to the boy nonetheless.

Jisung looked a bit miffed. "Oh come on, Chan. Really? He asked once and he gets to view confidential information? I put time and effort in putting all that information together! I might as well get my work published if I wanted this to go public!"