Best Friends 5

Taehyung

"How much longer?" I huff in annoyance as the makeup artist continues to poke and rub at my eyes.
"You're almost done." She replies politely.
"And then you get to have your hair done." I hear Jimin say from somewhere on my left.
"I never would've agreed to this if I'd known all of this prep was required." I say irriatably.
"Yes you would've. You would do anything for Jungkook." Jimin replies easily.
"Did you get to see Jungkook before they took him away?" I ask.
I came here straight from work so I arrived alittle late. David had to pick up the rest of my shift so I could leave early and I still hadn't been able to tell him this is where I would be. He still thought I had a dentist appointment.
"No. I think Seokjin and Yoongi hyung were the only ones who got to see him." Jimin says.
"Ok. You're all done." The makeup artist and the hairstylist say, almost in unison.
Jimin gets up and stands beside the chair as i move to sit in it.
"What kind of outfits do you think we'll get?" Jimin asks, sounding a little too excited.
"Its probably nothing too fancy. I don't see them spending a lot of money on us." I reply as the hairstylist quickly runs a comb through my hair.
"I hope it's something nice." Jimin says.
"Yeah, yeah." I say.
The hairstylist trims my hair and flat irons it before parting it roughly in the middle of my forehead. I head into the next room to get my outfit (which was nothing really but a black suit with a black button up that had white poka-dots all over it) and change, slipping on the ring and the clip on earrings they gave me as I walk into the room next room. Everyone was circled around Jungkook, talking and laughing with one another.
"Ok, ok. We have to get ready to go." One of Jungkook's Managers says as he walks swiftly into the room.
"Taeji hyung, can we take a picture first?" Jungkook asks as they break the circle up.
His Manager looks as if he really wants to say no but caves and takes Jungkook's phone as he hands it to him.
"We're only taking one so make it count. 1..2..3." He says, snapping the picture and then promptly handing the phone back to Jungkook.
"Alright, I need to lay down a few rules before we leave. One, Jungkook is the only one allowed to speak to the press while you're on the carpet. I seriously doubt they'll say anything to you, but if they do, immediately direct the question to Jungkook. Two, you're representing both Jungkook and SM Entertainment, so make sure you keep that in mind at all types and don't do anything that will tarnish either of their reputations. Got it?" Taeji demands and we all nod.
He leads us outside to and instructs us to get in the last of seven limousines that were waiting outside.
"Hey JK. Send me that picture." Seokjin says as we begin to drive off.
"I'll send it to you all." Jungkook replies as he pulls out his phone.
"I hope I don't look bad. Even though your Hyung counted down, it still took me by surprise." Jimin says with a grin.
I pull out my own phone to take a look at the picture.

"Oh, it came out really well

"Oh, it came out really well." Jimin says, looking pleased.
"Its too bad Yugyeom couldn't come today." Hoseok says.
His group had an all day rehearsal today. I guess they'd been having them all week; that was why he'd been able to get me into the building yesterday.
"He'll be coming to events like this soon enough." Jungkook replies.
"Hopefully." Seokjin adds, always being the realistic one.
When we arrive at the award show, cameras are going off before we can even get out of the limo. It was a bit nerve wracking, having to stand there and let these people take countless pictures of you, not to mention the interviews.
But Jungkook handled it all like a pro, knowing how to handle each interview so that coming tomorrow morning, nothing but positive articles would be written.
We had to stand off to the side at one point, to let Jungkook's group Golden7, take a couple group photos together and do a couple interviews. The others were making small talk with the rest of Golden7's guests, when a cute girl with chocolate brown hair and dark brown eyes approaches me.
"Ah, so you must be the famous Kim Taehyung I've heard so much about," She says with a smile. "I'm Somi."
Jealousy immediately burns hot in the pit of my stomach, but I fake a smile nonetheless.
"I've heard a lot about you too." I say.
"You're so lucky to have him. He's such an amazing guy." She says easily, but there's an undertone to her voice that makes me feel guilty.
"Have fun tonight." She says, smiling before she walks away.
Once we make it inside the building, Golden7 follows Taeji down a hallway while the other Manager takes us directly into the main room, leading us to three empty tables directly infront of the main stage.
"There's a lot of Jungkook fans up in the crowd." Jimin says proudly as we take a seat.
Yoongi reaches towards the middle of the table and grabs the piece of paper laying there.
"What is that?" Hoseok asks curiously. "Its the itinerary for the show. Golden7 opens up the show with a cover of Rainism," Yoongi says as he glances over the list. "And later on Jungkook performs a song called Begin."
"Is that another cover song?" Seokjin asks.
"No that's his new single; it came out this morning. I can't believe he's going to perform that here." Jimin says, sounding excited.
Almost an hour later, the lights dim to almost complete darkness as the show begins to start. The lights come back on as the music starts and in the middle of the stage is Jungkook, dancing to the intro. Two other members come out, dancing with him as he begins to sing.
I've heard Jungkook sing before, but I've never actually seen him perform. It was captivating and it was turning me on.