An Alpha's Mate - Chapter 6

Chaper Six

        "D..Damon?" My body was shaking. There was no doubt that I was terrified. I wanted to scream and run away, far away from this place. I didn't want to accept the fact that Damon wasn't normal.

        The wolf looked at me, making no attempts to move from where he was. He was sitting a couple of feet away from me, waiting for me to have some sort of reaction. Why wasn't I running away? Sitting in front of me was a wolf who  wanted me as his dinner, yet here I was doing nothing to save my life.

        Damon is a wolf. I kept chanting to myself. No matter how dangerous this creature was, I knew he wouldn't hurt me...right? Don't be scared. Damon's words raced through my mind, and I found myself walking over to him. If any other human saw what I was just about to do, they would think I was crazy. Who in their right mind walks up to a freaking wolf? Obviously, me.

        The wolf, Damon, stood up. His eyes shone brighter than I've ever seen before, and his tail moved back and forth furiously behind him. He began taking a couple of steps towards me, leaving him now at arms reach. I reached my hand forward, running my fingers through his thick, black coat. He was massively tall, taller than any regular wolf that I've seen.

        I laughed. "You're not going to kill me, are you?" He whined, making me giggle. I kept running my fingers through his fur. There were so many questions that I wanted to ask Damon. What I really don't understand is why he told me this. He doesn't even know me well enough to trust me!

        My thoughts were interrupted when I heard growling coming from behind the trees. Damon's stance was no longer friendly, but instead he was crouched in front of me protectively. From the corner of my eye, I saw a brown wolf making his way in our direction. He stopped moving and crouched down, growling at Damon and I. If I was scared before, I couldn't explain how I felt at this moment seeing as this wolf didn't look the least bit friendly.

        Just when Damon was about to pounce, Chance came running from out of no where. He was only wearing a pair of black basket ball shorts, leaving his chest bare. Damon didn't waste any time and began to attack the wolf. They were biting, scratching one another, and I was suddenly scared for Damon.

        Chance was now standing in front of me. "We need to go." He picked me up bridal style and began running away from where Damon was taking care of the brown wolf.

        "Wait!" I yelled. "What about Damon?"

        Chance just glanced down at me and kept running. "He can take care of himself."

        We didn't speak for another couple of minutes until I finally spoke up. "I can run by myself you know."

        Chance kept his eyes forward, not sparing me a glance. "Not as fast as us. Plus, Damon would kill me if something happened to you."

        My mouth opened in shock. "You're a werewolf too?"

        Chance chuckled. "Yeah."

        I  was too stunned to say anything else. Not only was Damon a wolf, but so was Chance. That must mean there was more of them residing in this small town in Washington. Who would have guessed that?

        After ten minutes of running, Chance slowed down. We were still in the forest, but standing in front of us was another wolf. This wolf was grey and around the same size as the brown wolf, but bigger.

        "Gabriel will take you to the pack house."

        I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Who's that?"