Chapter Three

April 15, 2015 — 1 PM

Locked away in a closet, that's where she was. There was constant banging on the door, but she just ignored or tried her best to do so. The one banging was Elijah, and the one in the closet...

"Jaiden! Please, open up! The teacher is asking for you!" He did his best to shout, but it just wasn't getting through.

Her eyes were tired, she had been crying for so long that they began to burn. "It's pitiful , you banging on this door right now."

Suddenly the banging stopped. Elijah sighed and sat on the other side of the closet. "What's really pitiful is that you're crying in the closet, when I'm here for you."

They both sat in silence for a while. Jaiden was in the middle of a heartbreak crisis. Many people would think she was weak for reacting like this, but the way he broke up with her, in front of so many people, was unnecessary. Her ex indulged the crowd in the situation, and deceived them to believe things that she has never even done before.
Elijah heard the door unlock, indicating that he could come in. He quickly opened the door and ran by her side.

"I see what you meant when you said dating that guy would be regretful." She mumbled, referring to a previous argument she and Elijah had.

He sighed. That argument was just a spur of the moment anger, angry why? He couldn't even explain it to himself. Jaiden just started dating the guy out of the blue, she didn't even tell Elijah that she was talking to the guy. Why couldn't he explain his own feelings? Maybe he was evading them all together?

"Jaiden.. I was angry okay. I won't use that moment against you, and I won't tell you I told you so." He chuckled. "But I will tell you, get yourself together."

He wiped her tears from her cheeks. They were soft, just like how his heart was for her. He couldn't help, but caress them unwillingly.

She grabbed his arms. "Elijah...thanks, but you know it's the truth and that's fine."

"What I think is, you just haven't found that person yet. Jaiden I know someday, you're going to find him."

Present Day

"I feel like I'm going to be sick." Jaiden ran to the bathroom, with severe nausea and the urge to throw up.

"Babe, you should just stay home today!" Rome yelled from the room. "I think you may have the stomach virus, especially if you felt like that all weekend."

It's been hard for Jaiden to eat all weekend and even when she tried to she ended up throwing the food back up, like her body was rejecting it. She sat in front of the toilet panting. Even though she wanted to go to work, it looked like that was not happening.

Rome entered the bathroom and sighed. "You look tired you know. You work yourself to death, barely get any sleep, and don't even put in time for yourself." He grabbed a cloth and wiped her mouth. "If you won't do it, I will."

"What would I do without you?" She puckered her lips.

He scrunched his face and laughed. "Brush your teeth big head, you really just vomited."

Continuation — April 15, 2015

This happened a lot. The two best friends. They would get lost in each other's eyes. When they did it was like they explored each other's mind to another extent. You'd think a bond like this...

Elijah, inches away from her face. She turned away and backed up.

"Didn't you say the teacher wanted to see me? School is almost over isn't it?" Jaiden got up, suddenly forgetting about all the tears that Elijah wiped away.

Elijah chuckled. "Nah she didn't. I just thought that would make you open the door."

"As if..."

"It's just...people." He didn't want to say it, but he found himself still doing so. "People were talking about what happened between you and him. I didn't know you were in here before I heard someone say something."

Her sullen mood returned. "Maybe because I didn't want to be found."

Present Day

"Any new work came in today?"

Elijah works as a photographer, in a famous company so he's usually busy.

His boss looked up at him, with a risen eyebrow signifying how appalled he was with Elijah at the moment. "You're not serious right?" He chuckled. "You don't think you can just waltz in here after missing a few days and think everything would go back to normal." His voice rose , gaining attention from staff in various areas of the room.

Elijah stuffed his hands in his pockets, not looking his boss in the eye. "That didn't answer my question."

The boss continued looking at Elijah and slammed a folder in front of him. " We'll talk about you later."

Elijah looked up as his boss walked away. Everyone shocked as to how he just talked back to him with no remorse. The thing is, Elijah had nothing to fear nor worries. He doesn't feel those things, or at least not anymore.

Making his way to his desk, memories began to surface. Things that he didn't feel like remembering, things that involved her. She's the reason why he is where he is now and how he ventured into this profession. Staring at the papers of the clients, he became lost in thought.