19. Searching

....

We finally made it into Pergutory. It wasn't an easy way in, but we managed. It was still as dark, dirty and evil as I remember it.

Dean was unsettled when he re-entered the place, but after an hour, he got a little more used to being back. Sam wasn't the least bit unsettled about it, that, or he was just good at hiding it.

*2 weeks later*

2 weeks into Pergutory, we still hadn't found Angel. The thing about Pergutory is that I can't hear any prayers in here. So it made it even harder to find her.

We were all hungry and dirty, even blood stained our clothes from killing things. I didn't want to, but I had to do what it took to get to Angel. I was determined to find her.

We kept going through the woods, mud still drenching our shoes, as it did every day. I heard a scream from the distance and pulled out my angel blade instinctively.

We all rushed towards the sound, expecting it to be some kind of trick. A monster playing with our heads. In the past two weeks, it hadn't been something new.

I heard another scream, this time it was much closer. I ran towards it, the boys following close behind. I saw a person with short hair like Dean's in a leather jacket and jeans in a tree, two Hellhounds clawing at the tree.

I distracted the Hellhounds and managed to kill one solo, but Sam and I teamed in the second one. The person in the tree -too high for me to tell who it was- looked down with what I thought was a smile.

They quickly descended from the tree and dropped the last 5 feet on purpose. They landed on their feet in a squat and stood up. Their face was a bit dirty, their clothes stained with blood.

"Cas!" Angel hugged me. It took a moment to process, but I hugged her back. It was really her.

"Angel," I smiled. She let go of me, as I did her. "You're alive."

"Barely," Angel said, observing the condition of her clothes.

"Angel," Sam butted in. "You cut your hair."

"Not exactly my choice. I met a couple guys here and they took me in for about 2 and a half months. They had me cut my hair to make myself less easy of a target. Eventually, all four of them got themselves killed by Hellhounds and vampires. For the last 3 months, it's been me. And it has not been easy," Angel explained.

"Pergutory is never easy," Dean added, finally coming out of his quiet world. "I would know from experience."

"How did you guys even find me?" Angel asked.

"I heard your prayer," I answered. "You'd been dead for a month by the time you said something."

"A month? It felt like 2 minutes." Angel looked so confused as she ran a hand through her short hair. I won't get used to that for a while.

"Exactly. Time goes a Hell of a lot slower when your dead, sweetheart," Dean said. He had no intention of staying much longer. Dean wanted to go.

"Let's get going. The gate is back where we came," I said.

"We spent two weeks trying to get here. You expect us to do two more weeks to walk back out?" Dean asked, furious.

"Dean, calm the Hell down," Angel said. "I can fly in here. You might like though, just a heads up."

Angel grabbed all three of us before we had a chance to speak. We flew quickly near the exit and found ourselves surrounded by monsters of all sorts. Vamps, werewolves, Hellhounds, Wendigos, spirits. They all looked right at us, angry, but did nothing. They just stood there, staring. How odd...

"They know they can't leave," Angel whispered. "But they want out." Angel looked as if she remembered something. "DAN! DAN, COME ON! Let's go!"

Suddenly, teenage-ish boy with brown hair came running out through all the monsters and up next to Angel. His shirt was dirty, along with his pants.

Sam went through the gate, then Dean, me, Angel and Dan.