||Chapter 1- Kate Kane||

January 17, 2018,
Gotham City,
11:45 PM,
Kate Kane's POV,

I don't know what he thinks of himself but I can't let this happen to me again.
Every time I try to do something good for the city either he or one of his sidekicks comes in trying to stop me. Trying to teach me how to deal with people.

Maybe the sidekicks don't know me, but he does. He knew what these people and their war took from me. My mother, my sister and a part of myself.
I know my father wants me to join his crusade, the Colony. But I can't. I know he feels more pain than I feel about losing them. He thinks maybe he was the one responsible for not being there and protecting us that day. His methods are brutal, sometimes he interrogates and sometimes there are casualties. At least he terms it like that way. I do want to join his team, but not like this. I have to prove myself, make myself capable to not only join, but also to lead them and change their methods.

I am not done doing my business with him. He thinks I am childish and doing something, wearing this costume because it gives me thrill, to wear a costume and play outside like in my childhood. But it's not like that.

But why doesn't Bruce understand me? He lost his parents and went down on a path from which he believes cannot return anymore and yet he refuses my choice and can't seem to understand it?

Demesne Mainte. A sixty-five-year old man, associated to the five mafia family of Gotham. He is being on something, I don't know what he is up to, but he is lately being a lot more active than before, especially in my area. Batman does not have any clue related to him or maybe does not want to share with me. But this is my city and I shall protect it.

"So what are you planning to do?"

I sense a series of footsteps behind me, light enough to move the leaves around it and capable enough to knock me out from behind. There are just very few left in Gotham to carry out these kind of things with one of them sitting and guessing about the other.
Ah Batman again.
"You know I won't stop, right?"
Only to turn and find a guy with a stick and a smile on his face.

"Nightwing?"

"So, you do remember me? What do you plan to do now?"

"So Batman sent you to keep a watch on me and not doing this himself. To warn me from continuing?"

"Nah, actually yeah. He might not show it, but he cares a lot about you. You are the closest he has in the family left. And after Jason and Selina out in the wind, I don't think you can blame him. Beside, about him being paranoid? We all know, the level at which he can act paranoid."

Fine. Another kid.

"You do know, Batman does not approve my way of handling things?"

Gotta warn the kid first.

"Fine. There was an accident in Blüedhaven which could have resulted in lot of life being lost. Coincidentally tracking him lead me here and so I stumbled upon you. Just this task and then you will never see me again. Like this obviously."

I don't trust him. Thanks to Bruce, I don't think I trust anyone related to him other than Alfred.

"Fine."

By stopping Demesne, I would prove Bruce wrong and show my father that not only I am capable to only lead but also carry out my mission more efficiently than him.

"Who is he?" His whisper echoes in my ears as I slowly pull myself out from the dreadful memory of all those years before.

Why the hell there has to be gate crasher. Wait that is Edward and the woman. Ah Stemma. Edward and her bodyguard, Stemma. So a mafia war is going to take place here in this area of Gotham? But they look different, somehow each of the men and women present here are a little bulked up.