Three

Jackie was completely engulfed within seconds, pain ripping through her shoulder, all the way down to the tips of her perfectly manicured toe nails.

She felt the twanging of bone, the tearing of flesh, the boiling of blood.

She felt completely seared from the outside in, all her other senses in a temporary state of suspension, unaware of anything else but the pulsing energy that pierced through sinew and muscle.

Then, in the blink of an eye, the pain turned to pleasure.

To Jackie's upmost surprise, she was suddenly submersed in a cloud of electricity, glitter spurting up from behind her closed eyelids. The muscles in her legs gave out and she found herself falling forward to her stomach, Tyler stumbling with her.

Her fingers tingled with energy, heat like a raging inferno shooting out from each extremity to the junction between her neck and her shoulder.

Tyler was making a sound between a hum and a purr, hot mouth against her skin and powerful arms wrapping around her waist to hoist her closer to him. Tremors were shooting through his body, muscles rippling with every movement he made.

She hadn't even realised that her eyes had opened until they slipped shut again, a wrecked moan spilling from her lips.

She could physically feel his teeth inside her, so hot that they felt cold, so painful that she could do nothing more than press herself against him and beg for more.

Gosh, she needed so much more.

His teeth slid out and his tongue took their place, the boy licking at her neck until she sighed and leaned her head back against his shoulder. 

She felt like she'd been split wide open. 

He licked up her neck and over to her earlobe, biting down on the flesh with a groan and securing her against his crotch with a squeeze of his hands.

"Tyler."

Tyler stiffened and ripped himself away from Jackie, sending them both crashing to the ground. He was breathing heavily, a flush overtaking his skin as he looked around and blinked. 

It took him a second to stop looking so disjointed, but when he got himself together, he darted forward and grabbed Jackie's arm, lifting them both to stand up.

Jackie blinked too, awfully flummoxed as her brain started ticking over again. She felt like she had just been submerged under water, her mind shrouded in thick fog.

She couldn't concentrate, eyes fixed like magnets on the panting brunette. Something in her chest tugged at the sight of him.

She felt safe.

She felt safe and that scared her.

It was like she couldn't help it. 

She couldn't help the unwitting feeling of safety, couldn't help wanting to press herself against his side, couldn't help relishing in that buzz of connection that simmered beneath her skin. 

She could feel his presence in every part of her, she could look at him and feel his fear, even when the fluffy cushion of her afterglow started to wear off.

He was looking off to the side, nodding at someone, and she couldn't understand why that made her feel so annoyed. She couldn't stop looking at him but he seemed to have no problem turning away.

It made her blood boil and she almost called out his name to draw his attention back when he was spinning around to face her again.

The anger instantly faded away.