- C h a p t e r 45 -

Ciao Amores,

Cheers to the 45th Installation of Italian Coffee House.

Please
VOTE
COMMENT
RECOMMEND
FAN

ENJOY XD. 

XO,
Ang

------

Niccolò's Chocolate House

Chapter 45

*Dari*

Following our little adventure in Italy, Nicky and I returned home. 

Having learned that Krysta had alerted the police of my kidnapping, the issue to be put to bed so that we, along with everyone else could move on.

The responding officers, on the case, came by to take my statement. They asked me a number of questions, until I had satisfied their curiosity enough to clear up any and all their blind-spots.  Shortly afterward, they left bidding us a good day.

Apparently, in light of all the chaos, Josie had managed to keep Papa at bay. She'd convinced him that Nicky and I had gone on a trip Italy. It was partly true, just not under the most favorable circumstances. Very quick thinking on her part. I was immensely grateful.  

Tey held me dearly, claiming that she would've killed me if I had turned up dead. Ridiculous, eight? I know.

Krysta beamed, teary-eyed and all, confessing her elation at my wholesome return. Also, that had things gone awry, Nicky wouldn't have recovered and neither would she.

Even Jan made an appearance. I knew what he'd done for me. He had saved my life, and in doing so saved my babies life. For whatever it was worth, I couldn't be more grateful. I told him as much, to which he responded by embracing me in a warm big-brotherly hug.  

Everything was getting back to normal. As normal as could be, surviving such a traumatizing ordeal.

Nicky and I scheduled visits with my obstetrician to keep abreast with the health and development of our little ones.

We worked on baby-proofing the house as well as the room we'd decided was suitable for our little darlings. We were deciding on gender-neutral colors for the baby room in anticipation of any surprises. Tey had suggested a mint green.

When we had just about settled back in and some semblance of normalcy had returned, my Nicky came up with an elaborate plan to properly wed me. Or as he'd so kindly put it, renew our vows.

Back in Italy, he'd mentioned wanting to do right by me. Something about not realizing how good he had it. However, it never crossed my mind that he would go to such extremes.

Nicky had contacted a courier to have an assortment of balloons of several colors in thirty minute intervals from the time I woke up in the morning. Remarkable that he knew my sleep regimen well enough to incorporate it into his plans.

His was the last delivery of the day and came in the evening. With him were two red balloons. A cute wine red palm-sized satin drawstring pouch-bag attached to one, and a ribbon tied to something in his pants pocket of the other.

In the pouch-bag, written in his own hand, was a piece of paper no larger than a business card. On it were guidelines to his carefully crafted teaser. Instructions to arrange the pieces accordingly.

After following his rules to a 'T', the words 'MARRY ME FOR REAL' were revealed in all caps.

To anyone else it would appear, neutral. To me, it was obviously personal to him. Our little inside joke. I was so moved by the gesture, that even though tears pricked my eyes, he managed to get a laugh out of me.